Leading Consumer Goods and Media Client is looking for a Marketing Manager to work in their Pawtucket RI Location for a 5 month assignment.
Our client has an immediate need for a results-oriented, innovative creative marketer to drive key initiatives for Creative & Marketing Development. In this high-profile role you will drive the creative vision and inspire all aspects of the creative continuum for client's key product line. You will act as the creative conscience and voice for the franchise while playing the role of creative partner who is responsible for all creative expressions of the brand to deliver an immersive brand experience. As the creative and marketing lead, you will help to translate the brand architecture into the creative blueprint for the property. You will also work across the organization to drive the up-front creative strategy for the franchise and IP direction. The role will also lead creative and development for the franchise style guide, pitch decks, and creative bibles.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Act as a creative enabler, collaborator and evangelist for the brand.
• Work collaboratively with retail partners, licensees, and promotional partners to drive a creative vision and creatively execute against the brand strategy.
• Leads with cross-functional branding colleagues to shape the strategic creative direction of the brand, build alignment and secure sponsorship to accelerate the conceptualization and program approval processes.
• A creative catalyst with a critical understanding of the fusion of cultural, emotional and social trends that will define the brand’s progression from franchise to global icon.
• Development of the Brand Bible/Style Guide, which includes incorporating the overarching meta-story, detailed character descriptions, world descriptions, guidelines for creating content and visual assets.
• Partners with the functional brand design/development teams to ensure the needs of the Design & Development & Entertainment & Licensing organizations are met by facilitating specific brand materials including brand guides, and design programs that support the global plan and objectives.
• Ultimately assumes creative accountability for the brand by influencing IP development and by working in concert with cross-functional content teams (web, studio, gaming, product, licensing and publishing) to ensure the integrity, continuity and relevance of the brand across all platforms, mediums & formats.
• Ability to translate a Marketing Strategy into a creative vision that fulfills the strategic objectives.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Minimum of 7+ years of progressive experience in a creative, licensing or entertainment environment where property not product is king.
• Understanding of the current and future trends and external influences that shape kids’ entertainment
• Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts, Design or related field required. Advanced degree or continuing education strongly preferred
• A creative at their core who has developed the capability to transform their creativity into commercial success.
• A strategic thinker who has the capacity to distill complex concepts into a simple and comprehensible language that creates energy, engagement and excitement across the organization and stakeholder base.
• An architect of change and an advocate of what if thinking. Comfortable with supporting the organic evolution of the franchise strategy.
• Possesses a creative mindset tempered with a high level of organizational maturity to drive traction, success and sponsorship in a global corporation.
• Brand sensibility.
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.