ON-SITE, Local Candidates ONLY
Education and Experience
This position requires at a minimum:
- 5-years of experience in writing, designing, or developing publishable material about technical topics, and
- An associate degree, but preferably a bachelor's or advanced degree in English; journalism; communications media; technical communication; publishing; or other, related liberal arts.
- Consult with production staff and customers to improve information design, structure, and organization.
- Help customers to analyze and design information for specific purposes or audiences.
- Research, fact check, write, edit, and help customers clear technical materials.
- Edit manuals, handbooks, management instructions, notices, publications, signs, tags, and other documents for organization, comprehension, accuracy, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and style.
- Reword information for clarity, conciseness, and (if necessary) specific tasks.
- Edit documents to be consistent with concepts and use of “Plain Writing.”
- Understand the capabilities of publishing software and content management repository.
- Prepare documents for composition using the high-end book publishing and track changes features of Microsoft Word.