- Cupertino, CA
- Job Terms:
- $60-65/hr DOE
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Jennie Brandon
- Proficiency in the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, proportion, rhythm, emphasis, and unity.
- Excellent digital file structure and asset management skills.
- Unparalleled attention to detail.
- Ability to articulate ideas and be clearly understood by creative, project management, and development staff, both in verbal and in written format.
- Ability to deliver quality design at high volume in a tight timeframe.
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, creative workplace.
- An understanding of the our voice, aesthetic, and tone.
- Create original designs that adhere to design principles in established creative direction, fluid templates, and company standards.
- Collaborate with Art Directors, Senior Designers, and the larger project team to explore concepts and iterate on design layouts.
- Flow copy into PSD files, adjusting balance of imagery to copy as necessary.
- Prepare for creative reviews by outputting optimized files, preparing printouts, and presentation materials.
- Provide build-ready design files in a timely manner while meeting quality standards.
- Review final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, and typography are flawless.
- Consult with technical disciplines to ensure designs work within given limitations, and files are prepared with all necessary information to support the design intent.
- Strategic thinker, problem solver, and visual communicator who wants to have their hands in several things at once; who can deliver designs from concept to implementation.
- You are a fountain of ideas and creative thinking who can think and implement quickly, laterally, independently or collaboratively
- You are experienced in collaborating in the execution of an editorial design strategy and has an advanced understanding of what makes content engaging and successful across platforms and audiences
- Demonstrate strong user experience sensibilities with an uncanny level of curiosity; keeps up with the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies and resources
- Collaborate with Creatives, Project Managers, Business Owners and Executives to tackle complex problems with simple solutions
- Have experience developing prototypes for a variety of platforms and use cases; can rapidly prototype their ideas across a myriad of Apple devices, experiences and scenario
- 5 - 10 years of experience.
- Experience creating the output of editorial design product (e.g., Magazines, Digital Content, Journalism, etc.)
- Real passion for a wide variety of editorial, digital and magazine/publishing, and systems design
- Fluency across graphic design, typography, photography, illustration, and motion
- Conceptual thinker who is strategically-centered
- Demonstrates command of visual and communication design principles
- Excellent communication, organization skills and ability to work across time zones
- Ability to prototype visual design work in situation
- A keen ability to create work under minimal supervision, as well as packaging and presenting creative solutions.
- Portfolio demonstrating perfection in delivering strategic and editorial ideas across digital, social or static form factors.
- 4+ years relevant design or creative leadership experience required; bonus for tours in publishing, magazines, or content creation/delivery
- BA or BFA in Graphic Design (or equivalent)
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
Here are some more things you can expect:
- Wi-fi equipped shuttle service
- Free parking
- Onsite cafeteria
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)