Our Fortune 40 client, a leader in banking technology, is seeking a User Experience (UX) Researcher to join a product team in Richmond, Virginia. This User Experience Researcher opportunity is contract to hire, 40 hours a week, health benefits and 401K offered.
Please send resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
As a User Experience Researcher you will be responsible for scoping and crafting research strategy, conducting research, and delivering actionable insights for a variety of digital banking projects and will be able to demonstrate experience and expertise planning, leading, and executing user research programs. In a nutshell, we want to out-distance the competition and vastly improve any customer tool, application, or web/mobile property we touch. Your role will be focused on both qualitative & quantitative research, presenting to internal & leadership teams and research within digital messaging (email, text, push notifications & even web landing pages.) A/B testing for messaging will come in handy here!
***This is a great opportunity where you will really get to own and design the research process and use results to directly help teams drive business goals.
User Researcher Responsibilities:
- Take a question or a problem and be able to translate it into a testable hypothesis, complete with a specific method and tasks that illuminate the heart of the issue.
- Be able to quickly understand the needs of our internal clients, especially as they relate to who their users are and what questions they really need to have answered.
- Develop research strategies and proposals and execute on time and on budget.
- Provide design recommendations with firm conviction and a gentle touch, while carefully reading people so you’ll always know the right balance of each.
- Electrify project teams with concise reports and brilliantly prepared presentations under tight deadlines while juggling six balls (and a chain saw) with the other hand.
- “Synergize” with our exceptional interaction and visual designers to further improve information architecture, site navigation, labels, and other design elements.
- Perform other miracles and mythic feats as assigned, then figure out what else needs to be done.
User Researcher Key Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of user experience research tools and techniques (e.g. field research, heuristic reviews, usability testing, benchmarking, card sorts, lo-fidelity prototyping methods, etc.), and know the strengths and weaknesses of each.
- Independently scope and plan a research program (can include multiple projects with multiple related studies), consulting with relevant stakeholders and team members.
- Conduct competitive and comparative research and analysis to complement user research.
- Leverage heuristics, VoC, statistical analyses, and other insightful methods to triangulate user pain points.
- Ability to connect research findings from multiple projects/sources and provide insights on a higher order.
- Confidently apply a range of frameworks to synthesize and solve research problems.
- Experience planning and facilitating workshops (hypothesis, concepting, design-thinking, insights) with stakeholders to facilitate the design process.
- Ability to mentor and lead other researchers.
User Researcher Qualifications:
- 5+ years of user experience with multifaceted responsibilities. We prefer a mix of web and mobile experience.
- Qualatative & quantative research experience
- Omni-channel messaging knowledge and understanding.
- Related experience in another field such as interactive design, information architecture, and/or market research is a plus.
- Strong understanding of user interface design practices and principles a must, better still if you can demonstrate experience relating to research.
- Strong project management, strategic, and negotiating skills are central to the position.
- Strong communication, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills required. Your ability to demonstrate success in these areas should quickly become obvious.
- Ability to communicate research results, graphically depict data, and justify methods and approaches, orally and in writing.
- Strong moderation skills and methods for group facilitation and consensus building.
- Ability to work independently, in a team, and with or without direction is imperative.
- Knowledge of OvoStudios, Morae, Photoshop, SharePoint, Visio, iRise or other prototyping tools are additionally advantageous.