- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Lauren Rosner
Our Fortune 500 client is searching for a Senior Designer to work on their Windows + In-Store Signage team to work a contract-to-hire role, on-location for 40 hours/week, in Tribeca.
This role is more focused on visual design (fashion or beauty), not store layout/CAD. MUST have a clean visual portfolio to submit for consideration.
- Design and execute compelling visual concepts in the context of a physical retail environment - this is more visual design, not CAD/store planning
- Create marketing materials that enhance the brand and the overall customer experience.
- Creatively solve issues identified by the account teams
- Demonstrate an understanding of the design and print production processes and combine this knowledge with the account objectives and budgets to solve creative challenges
- Actively participate in and help drive the creative process by presenting thorough and well-developed recommendations to meet the given objectives
- Independently identify issues and resolutions quickly and thoroughly
- Ability to create any design instructions clearly for pre-production handoffs and review and mark up call-outs on mechanicals and proofs.
- Work directly and collaboratively with marketing and visual merchandising and styling partners to help solve problems, find answers and meet final objectives + build relationships with these business partners towards the best creative solutions
- Participate in developing realistic timelines. Work from production schedules and status to manage time and prioritize daily workload. Ensure work is completed on time
- MUST have a portfolio that highlights visual creative design (clean aesthetics are a must)
- Ideally experience in Fashion and Beauty Design, Environmental Design, Visual Merchandising Design (NOT looking for CAD/store mapping design)
- Must have skills and a love for typography
- Ideally experience with photography and photo direction
- Ability to be both creative and technical
- Organized with the ability to manage numerous projects, tight turnaround times, scheduling conflicts, revisions and technical challenges effectively
- 3-5 years experience working in advertising or design studio environment
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), 3D modeling/rendering a plus (i.e. familiarity with Rhino, Maya)
Our Client is an Fortune 500 Apparel Retailer that has grown from a single store to a global business throughout its 46 year run!
Talent placed here are given the autonomy to be hands-on decision makers from day one. The company's leadership assumes a supportive role and applies a collaborative management style, offering the guidance and insight to help transform your suggestions into strategies.
This is an environment where co-workers are constantly challenging each other to learn and grow in their roles every day, which energizes the office, and creates forward motion, both on a personal level, and as a company. They’re experimenting with their digital reach, using tech as a catalyst for industry change - both online and in stores. With such robust focus and investment on innovation, employees have the opportunity to directly contribute to the changing landscape of the retail world!
The company culture here is one of relaxed, inclusive community with an ever-present focus on learning and development - both for the individual team member as well as the projects and initiatives that are driving the company forward. And, with tons of cool volunteering opportunities and initiatives, employees have the chance to become influential community leaders as they work for positive change.