Awesome Senior Marketplace Manager Opportunity at Growing Ecommerce Company
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE PROVIDED
Do you have experience working with Amazon channels? FBA, Marketplace and Vendor? Are you hungry, driven, motivated and ready to make an impact at an expanding company? Then this is the perfect opportunity for you. Our client is looking to fill the position of Senior Marketplace Manager with a specialty in Amazon, Target.com, and Walmart.com marketplace management. This is a full-time, in-house (& some possible flex) position based in the Charlottesville/Madison,VA area
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD LIVE, BREATHE, AND SLEEP AMAZON!
In this role, you will be a leader within the ecommerce team, responsible for the marketing, development, maintenance, and optimization of the Amazon channel strategies with a keen focus on measurement and validation of program performance, specifically, FBA, Marketplace and Vendor channels within Amazon. In addition, this role will help build and grow our business on Target.com and Walmart.com marketplaces. This role thrives in a fast-paced environment and keeps up with the ever-changing landscape of the Search Marketing and Marketplaces channels while striving for innovation. This role reports to the Director of Ecommerce at Plow & Hearth.
The role will work closely with the product content management team, IT resources for data flows and APIs, Creative team for copywriting and imagery, and marketing staff to maintain a high-performing, optimized marketplace strategy that drives solid sales performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage our relationship with Amazon Vendor and Seller Central contacts to establish solid foundation for product and category growth
- Capable of launching new Amazon features and tools, supporting internal build out of APIs and process flows for automation
- Manage and oversee the Amazon Marketplace strategy (Seller Central, FBA, and Vendor. In addition, global expansions for Canada, UK)
- Be the go-to for all Amazon related issues
- Manage the day to day operations of the Amazon business to maintain the business profitability and sales growth
- Manage our account with Target.com and Walmart.com to build category expansion through their marketplaces
- Manage the strategy around product page content creation
- Create and maintain sales forecast
- Guide and optimize the Customer service team’s support of the channel
- Monitor seller-rating and secure our account by observing full AMZ compliance
- Manage and monitor product review performance
- Manage and monitor Amazon Ad-spend (minimize ACOS and optimize campaigns) and lead our paid search partners’ management of Amazon Sponsored Ads
- Manage and optimize AMZ FBA inventory, by monitoring and optimizing a set of KPI ratios
- Provide key analytics reporting to senior management.
- Work closely with the marketing team to create optimized product pages within the Amazon platform
- Work closely with the Home Brand merchants and Inventory Control group for planning and strategy
- Assess competition, threats and recommended plan of action
- Support with the creation of promotional calendar to lay out full year strategy while also quantifying success of promotional activities (such as Amazon Deal of the Day, Prime Day, Black Friday, etc...)
- Identify new areas of underpenetrated growth within our categories
- Establish effective SEO practices within our Amazon marketplace
- Manage team’s execution of accurate product data across multiple marketplaces. This includes titles, descriptions, images, attributes, and pricing.
- Make recommendations for changes to product listings based on market trends, opportunities, promotions and competitor listings
- Manage strategy and process flows for updating and managing online product catalogs - including new product listings setup, out of stock items, and removing items from product line
- Manage and direct team to improve listing conversion rate, sales, impressions, average order value, CTR, etc
- Utilize a detailed approach to categorize and describe products across marketplaces
- Maintain product listing documentation
- Perform quality assurance to ensure brand, copy and links are functioning properly.
- Ensure that brand aesthetics are maintained across all sales and marketing channels
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
The requirements listed below represent the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience with Amazon Seller Central (preferred) or Amazon Vendor Central
- Must have experience working with product listing management within Amazon
- Ecommerce product creation, updating or management experience
- Must be tech savvy with intermediate PC/Internet/Software/Excel skills
- Ability to maintain high level of organization and attention to detail.
- Must be reliable, responsible and dependable
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills; monitors own work and able to develop new methods for improvement
- A strong background/knowledge in home goods merchandising is a PLUS!
- Confident, self-motivated with strong sense of responsibility, able to use own judgment, take initiative and make day to day decisions
- Energetic and hard-working, willing to take a hands-on role and able to multi-task, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Accessible, a good listener, observant and able to identify and defuse any people issues that may affect the team in a bigger way
- Astute attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A willingness and desire to participate in and lead change.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- A process-improvement driven attitude.
- Must be legally able to work in the United States.