Looking for a human-centered designer to join this FinTech's center of tech excellence to design mobile applications (as well as desktop). There's a definitive plan for this designer to have upward trajectory within the team, and can move into a lead in the near future. Need for usability testing and an understanding of how research impacts design best practices and recommendations.
Technical Design Skills
• Experience conducting research, design, and building outstanding applications on multiple device and interface types
• Visual design skills established through education or experience in a professional creative environment
• Expert knowledge of user experience design processes and methodology
• Experience with design and prototyping tools such as Balsamiq, Sketch, Principle, and Adobe Creative Suite
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating visual design capabilities including composition, layout, information hierarchy, typography and color
• The ability to deliver prototypes at various levels of fidelity
• Working knowledge using full Office Suite, JIRA, Confluence and other tools used across the AGILE SDLC
• Proficient with tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe AfterEffects, and Adobe Experience Design (XD)
Analytical Skills to assimilate information from a variety of sources, and develop a coherent strategy and product roadmap for meeting those needs.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem-solving techniques in a highly complex environment using technology and/or integrating diverse user systems
• Identify problems as opportunities and to manage well under pressure and are able to deal with ambiguity, with a bias toward simplicity and action
Project Management Skills to ensure that all facets of the project are delivered according to schedule.
• Manage multiple projects, complex activities, and competing deadlines
• Strong project planning and governance using standard industry tools
• Given a variety of conflicting goals and opinions, be the final decision maker for hard decisions related to this tool
• Exercise independent judgment and creative problem-solving techniques integrating diverse and global needs and interests
• Strong self-management skills and the ability to work as a contributing member of a multidisciplinary team
Interpersonal Leadership Skills required to lead a multidisciplinary team to achieve the project aims. Those resources will be under the direction of the Product Owner for the duration of the project.
• Proven ability to work effectively with both business users and technical users
• Communicate vision and intent, deferring detailed features and design decisions to be made just in time
• Highly consultative and collaborative and can marshal diverse views across businesses, regions and levels
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with the ability to present to varying levels of management
• The ability to empathetically understand customer needs, motivations, and behaviors, and translate them into actionable deliverables