Artwork Mangement/Project Manager- Global Beauty Brand
This is a freelance position based onsite in NYC 40 hours/week for 1 year. This position could extend for another year working on a high profile confidential project.
Team is open to Manager and Assistant Manager levels
Packaging Operations, Manager, Artwork Management
Reporting to the Director of Artwork Management:
Manage the development, production and electronic workflow of packaging artwork for all global packaging initiatives ensuring on time delivery of accurate and legally compliant packaging artwork for global distribution.
• Develop and maintain high level proficiency in Corporate Packaging Guidelines and individual Brand standards in order to produce comprehensive, brand specific, legally compliant packaging artwork for all assigned Brands and Categories.
• Develop high level proficiency in electronic workflow system and be able to troubleshoot for all assigned Brands.
• Develop high level proficiency in PDS and incorporate it fully in the Artwork Management process to maximize efficiency, accuracy and compliance.
• Leverage the High-Touch Leadership Competency, “Builds Collaborative Relationships” to develop strong partnerships with our respective business units throughout our organization including Global Brand Supply Chain (GBSC), Marketing, Copy, Design, Art Production, Legal, Regulatory, Research & Development (R&D), Packaging Development, and Product Development teams as well as International affiliates to ensure required artwork elements are turned over on time and are consistent with the corporate guidelines and standards.
• Review and confirm accuracy of all artwork data and required elements in preparation for artwork production. These include: Design Turn Over, die strike, copy, foreign language translations, Bill of Materials data, design, color, print specifications, and photography.
• Collaborate with GBSC and Packaging to develop and negotiate appropriate artwork timelines. Prioritize within the electronic workflow system, ensuring consensus of milestone dates from respective business units for on-time delivery of artwork.
• Develop and launch projects in the electronic workflow system, ensuring all milestone dates are monitored and maintained.
• Identify and resolve all artwork and timeline issues and collaborate with appropriate departments to develop tactical plans for project completion. Notify Director of critical issues and next steps.
• Collaborate with respective business units throughout the process regarding artwork and timeline issues and the status of artwork delivery inside the product to market timeline.
• Review and approve the accuracy of all artwork proofs throughout the electronic routing process. Review and approve the accuracy of all Final Artwork prior to Final Release.
• Prepare and distribute status reports for all pending and in-process artwork, and review with GBSC and Packaging Development on a weekly basis, at a minimum.
• As needed, attend Brand Operations meetings to review all open projects with GBSC, Packaging, R&D and Creative Marketing Services.
• Communicate to Art Production groups the volume of upcoming projects in the pipeline to allow for optimal efficiency of resources within those groups.
• 5+ years business experience of which at least one of those years are in artwork tracking or in comparable project management
• Excellent team player with strong analytical, negotiating and communication skills
• Excellent follow up and organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and yet be flexible in an ever-changing environment
• Ability to use computer systems necessary to meet department objectives including Excel, Word, PDS
• College / University degree recommended