- This is for a 6 month temporary assignment with the potential to extend
- Must have proof of eligibility to work in the US as W2 employee, Sponsorship not availalble
Our Fortune 500 Media & Entertainment Client is looking to add a Manager of Licensing to their project team. The Manager of Licensing is responsible for managing a group of product categories and licensees with the goal of meeting or exceeding predetermined revenue targets and growth objectives.
Finance and Business Planning:
• Accountable for developing, proposing, overseeing and implementing the business strategy for Disney Media, Classics and entertainment softlines categories including infant/toddler, girls, boys and tween apparel.
• Fiscal responsibility for assigned categories to include annual budget planning and quarterly revenue forecasting.
• Participates and contributes to the strategic planning process. Develops strategies and business plans by retailer, brand and property.
• Identify new business and revenue opportunities.
Brand and Content Management: (In conjunction with/support of the Franchise team)
• Provide licensee/product information in support of marketing and brand presentations and sales meetings.
• Acts as ambassador for the category. Research & understand competitive landscape. Analyze and understand market trends, consumer trends, retailer and industry needs.
• Strategize and develop new business opportunities. Analyzes account (licensee and retailer) business performance and develops growth objectives that are aligned with Disney Consumer Products initiatives.
• Develop and implement product strategies, merchandising and marketing plans to ensure that sales are maximized and marketing objectives are met.
• Partner with sales in assortment / retail planning / sales pitches where relevant.
• Ensures licensee requests are researched and responded to in a timely fashion.
• Manage licensee portfolio / co-manage where relevant with LOB partner (contract negotiation, data management, approvals, submissions, promotion / advertising) as well as day-to-day relationship with licensees.
• Support Director in everyday responsibilities such as contract and amendment process, financial analysis, preparing presentations and other projects as necessary.
• Partner with Product Development team to innovate & bring to market compelling new product for categories managed.
• Ensures licensee product lines reflect Disney quality and brand/property objectives.
Retail, Sales and Marketing:
• Develop strong relationships with key retailers to maximize commercial and brand opportunities.
• Maintain general knowledge of the retail landscape and monitor retails sales performance of key licensees and programs. Perform retail-shopping analysis.
• Provide any licensee /product information in support of marketing and brand presentations and sales meetings.
• Build strong team-oriented relationships with other DCP franchise teams and business units, to develop opportunities of coordination with other categories, lines of business and departments and/or cross-promotional opportunities.
• Strong understanding of brand positioning, retail business development function, retail distribution and the retail environment
• Highly detail-oriented. Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Ability to handle several tasks/assignments simultaneously and to maintain flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
• Excellent communication & presentation skills
• Self-starter, motivated, proactive, dependable, able to work in a fast pace environment
• Analytical/Strategic Thinker
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint; knowledge of financial tracking systems preferred