- Cupertino, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Jennie Brandon
Posting Title: Senior Interaction/Visual Designer
Our client's Design Team seeks a Senior Interaction/Visual Designer to work on tools for providers. These tools are the platform that allows partners and providers to deliver content as well as manage daily business activities. This designer will focus primarily on web experiences but sometimes other platforms.
- Experience working with Mac OS and iOS is required
- BFA or BA degree in design related studies is required with a portfolio demonstrating user experience and visual design work.
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Expertise using Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design related software required.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Rich Internet Applications
- Designing entire products from information architecture and interaction down to the visual language of individual controls
- Information design and visualizing complex data is highly desired
The ideal candidate has a proven track record solving complex interaction problems across multiple platforms. She or he has an eye for pixel-perfect detail, and possesses a strong blend of interaction and visual design skills, as well as user-centered design principals. The applicant must have an affinity for consistency, color, typography, and a keen eye for subtle details. While exercising a good eye for aesthetics, candidates must be able to grasp and distill highly complex issues. In addition, the candidate should have experience designing interactive dashboards or visualizations that effectively communicate insights back to users. Able to translate data into compelling visual stories that are meaningful and valuable information. Deliverables include wireframes, design mockups, prototypes, and design specifications required for proper implementation.
The candidate must be a natural collaborator with excellent communication skills and able to present design ideas in a team environment. Applicant will work closely with cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Production Design, Product Marketing, and Senior Management. Prior experience working within a technical environment is a plus. Candidate should be self-motivated, proactive, able to work independently, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision. Candidate must flourish in a fast paced, multi-project, deadline driven environment.
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
Here are some more things you can expect:
- Wi-fi equipped shuttle service
- Free parking
- Onsite cafeteria
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)