Regional Head of Residential Recruitment
Are you a leader? Do you have experience in international admissions for a higher education company? Are you looking for an opportunity to make a real impact? Then this is the role for you.
In this critical role, you will be responsible for the overarching residential recruitment strategy working with all key stakeholders in The Americas region to create an outstanding experience for parents and students throughout every stage of the Parent Experience Journey (PEJ) from Awareness, Consideration, Purchase to Advocacy. You will set all relevant policies, procedures, quality and customer service standards and ensure their delivery to all agents, prospective families and influencers.
You will be an exceptional leader of people; coaching and developing your team members, influencing across schools as a valued member of their extended team and acting as an ambassador for schools and Nord Anglia Education through external outreach.
You will be responsible for working with the regional MAC team to lead the marketing strategy for residential recruitment. You will work with the US boarding schools, GET and Regional MAC team to develop and deliver the right brand messages to all our stakeholders (agents, field team members, students and key influencers) within the schools and wider community throughout all phases of the Parent Experience Journey.
Position reports to the Regional Director of Admissions and Marketing and manages a team of 10+ direct reports including Territory Directors (in-field working with agents – Global Enrolment Team).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) PARENT EXPERIENCE JOURNEY Adapt and implement the Parent Experience Journey for residential recruitment.
• Lead, develop and execute best practice throughout the entire PEJ leveraging the global toolkit, framework emails and striving for outstanding standards.
• Lead the implementation of our global toolkit and group examples of best practice.
• Lead the design and delivery of all key touch-points for agents, parents and students throughout the entire PEJ, based on a deep understanding of their needs so that families experience the school’s story and promises in action.
2) ADMISSIONS Lead, coach and guide the Admissions team to deliver annual enrolment targets.
• Develop, execute and regularly monitor marketing, retention and admissions plans.
• Lead and drive strategies to generate enquiries through both online and offline campaigns.
• Develop key processes and lead team to guide agents, parents and students through the admissions process, making the experience positive, straightforward and engaging throughout.
• Oversee all parent communication to ensure responsiveness (24-hour response times during working week), quality (written and verbal language, structure and attention to detail) and attitude (team warmth and enthusiasm).
• Lead team to develop an understanding of each family’s needs and interests throughout the PEJ, using tools and templates to help the team find and sell to each families’ sweet spot.
• Drive conversion at each stage of the pipeline by coaching and developing team to overcome objections, recognize buying signals and close at each step of the process.
• Lead the re-enrolment process with the school Residential Life Teams, School MAC teams and School SLT to optimize retention and ensure the process of re-enrolment is as straightforward as possible.
• Lead the understanding of any local regulatory requirements and potential future changes to policy that might have a bearing on the Purchase stage of the Parent Experience Journey and support decision-making in the school SLT teams with this knowledge (i.e.: visas).
• Delivery of weekly KPIs
3) . REPORTING AND DATA ANALYSIS Lead, coach and develop the team to maintain accurate data in school systems, enabling responsive decision making through the enrolment process and accurate forecasting during annual planning.
• Oversee data capture and lead management through Zoho currently and CRM when it launches and ensure that team adhere to NAE business rules in relation to data capture and management.
• Lead the review of school enrolment data to identify opportunities and risks and develop plans to unlock and mitigate.
• Lead all relevant analytics (lead velocity, conversation rates, performance against regional benchmarks, changes in lead sources, nationalities, industries and age groups) to best target future growth opportunities.
• Lead the deployment of a residential enrolment forecast model aligned to regional and global processes to facilitate forecast discussions with key stakeholders in the schools and at regional and central levels.
• Timely resolution to any issues flagged during weekly audit
4) MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS Lead, coach and guide marketing and communications strategies and activities which deliver the key school residential recruitment messages in a timely, relevant and engaging way.
• Together with the School Marketing Manager and Regional Head of Marketing, develop the school residential brand equity and USP aligned to the Nord Anglia brand position, together with the school message house and brand style guide.
• Oversee the implementation of the brand style guide to ensure consistency and quality of positioning and visual identity in all residential recruitment collateral including core brand and marketing campaigns such as Juilliard, MIT, UNICEF and Global Campus.
• Support the School Marketing Manager and Regional Head of Digital Marketing in website development and paid media to demonstrate leadership for the school at every stage of the parent online research journey.
• Support the Marketing Manager and Regional Head of Marketing to develop the PR and media strategy for the school, stepping in to support media enquiries and crisis communications as appropriate.
• Lead the development of the annual residential recruitment marketing plan for the US Boarding Schools.
• Oversee the Marketing and Communications budget and the ROI of marketing activities carried out.
5) . EVENTS Oversee the development and execution of residential recruitment event calendar to bring to life the unique identity of the schools and showcase the school in the best light possible.
• Review and sign off the annual event calendar and schedule for the school, aligning the School SLT and Regional MAC as appropriate, ensuring that as many events as possible are optimized for agent and parent recruitment.
• Oversee the development and execution of event management procedures to ensure all events are executed efficiently and effectively.
• Support the School Events Manager and GET field members to develop and execute creative themes for major events that bring to life the unique residential life identity of the US Boarding Schools.
6) . EXTERNAL OUTREACH Devise and lead an outreach program to energize the external network of the US Boarding Schools to position the schools as the first residential choice within the market.
• Position the school as a thought leader in the community through hosted events, earned media and speaking opportunities.
• Develop a residential recruitment outreach program that widens the US Boarding Schools network in the local domestic market and international market
• Develop a robust vetting process and maintain relationships with key account holders including but not limited to agents, embassies, and education agents with the intent to build brand awareness and generate enquiries.
• Develop the stakeholder map and contact strategy for the US Boarding schools, bringing in other senior leaders as appropriate and develop all communications materials to be used with the agents and external network.
7) . LEADERSHIP, COACHING & TRAINING Provide appropriate leadership, coaching and best practice sharing to Residential Recruitment/GET, the US Boarding School Principals, School & Regional SLT and regional / global MAC team.
• Lead, coach and develop team members to deliver against targets and support business development activities.
• Support the US Boarding School Principals to develop a culture where the school engages as one and works to ensure residential admissions is a whole school responsibility.
• Contribute regularly to leadership team discussions about retention and residential student enrolment numbers and discuss how to evolve the processes by which we encourage both to improve.
• Act as a role-model within the Regional MAC team, providing timely appreciative and constructive feedback and engaging as appropriate to ensure that every member of residential staff in US Boarding Schools are aware of and actively engaged in their role in the agent/parent experience: attracting, converting and retaining students.
• Contribute to the wider business through sharing and application of best practice.
• Post regularly on MAC CHAT to share best practice and learn & reapply from others.
• Employee performance review rating(s)
Qualifications / Training
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 10+ years relevant sales and marketing experience/roles with demonstrated success in growing / increasing sales in a competitive market
• International recruitment experience; SEVIS knowledge a plus
• Experience of high level networking to build creative and mutually beneficial relationships that positively impact on strategic and tactical business development
• Understanding of and the ability to build strong customer advocacy and repeat client loyalty and retention
• Experience of having worked within a service delivery sector, education sector experience a bonus
• Strong leadership skills and proven ability to manage a team to achieve and succeed desired outcomes
• Strong analytical skills and proven record of using data and research to support initiatives undertaken
• Ability to build, manage and motivate cross functional high performing teams
• Experience of working with CRM systems and integration with the sales life cycle
• Experience in using digital and social media trends and tools to influence the sales life cycle