Great Client-side Digital Marketing Manager Opportunity
The Marketing Manager will be accountable for leading the strategic & tactical planning/ development of Display/programmatic channel in support of driving digital acquisition for Deposit
(Checking, Savings), Lending, and Small Business. As a channel lead, the role will champion the channel strategy end-to-end from inception through
launch to meet the acquisition goals with a holistic view on the customer. Bringing tactical plans to life, ability to evaluate data & optimize towards performance is essential to succeed as we
continuously drive innovation through test & learn. Reporting to the Senior Manager, the successful candidate will work collaboratively with the other channel lead, marketing teams and cross-functional teams (SEO, Digital Channels Marketing, Creative Services, etc.), as well as external partners to manage all aspects of the channel activities and apply industry best practices.
20% Planning Support
● Build annual/monthly target forecast & strategic priorities for display channel in
alignment with the business goals.
● Present holistic annual/monthly plan incorporating all channel level (Display, Search,
Social, Affiliates) input
● Lead the development, implementation, review and revision of fiscal year work plan.
● Review progress to plans. Develop and communicate actions necessary to correct
internal and external issues, followed by active participation in the implementation of
the actions. Escalate significant issues as necessary.
20% Marketing & Digital Insight
● Understand the digital experience and how it applies to each product portfolio from all
business aspects, including competitive position, market position, customer journey
and channel requirements to inform positioning and enhancing the digital experience
on external positioning and communication requirements.
● Leverage external publications, trade publications and other sources of information to
be informed about marketing in general and for digital marketing environment.
● Stay abreast of innovative marketing and digital approaches related to external and
internal communication, and continually push the envelope to ensure BMO employs and
leverages all opportunities to present our message and offer in the most compelling
and engaging way.
● Document and understand the Canadian marketplace, including impacts of the US and
other foreign competitors entering Canada.
● Using market knowledge, customer information, and analytics tools, assess customer
needs and make recommendations for how to improve overall business results.
● Measure and analyze the effectiveness and impact of project communication
deliverables, identifying opportunities for improvements and leverage the knowledge in
development of future project communications deliverables.
● Evaluate executed programs holistically across all aspects (channels, message, offer,
competition, etc.) and drive shareable insights.
40% Coordination of Campaign Development
● Provide digital support for campaigns including budgeting, target setting, and
messaging as part of integrated campaigns developed for the product portfolio.
Consider strategy relevance through research of competitive spend and awareness
levels. Recommend changes as required.
● Manage the execution of digital marketing campaigns for the responsible channels.
● Maintain responsible channels according to the industry standards and best practices.
● Develop DMP/marketing tech integration roadmap and execute through
● Lead and coordinate the execution of communications, including the following key
● Clear understanding of business objective and target
● Timeline & budget management
● Appropriate internal and external approvals
● Alignment with overall brand guideline in compliant with legal/disclosure requirements
10% Relationship Management
● Build and maintain effective relationships with internal partners and external partners.
Influence these partners in order to build the brand, enhance communication programs
and take advantage of synergies.
● Represent the digital/channel experience in any discussions about the external
advertising requirements in partnership with Corporate Marketing and in accordance
with established policies and procedures.
10% Risk Management and Control
● Monitor marketing communications to ensure adherence to standards of third party
brands and compliance with legal, privacy, legislative and association regulations.
● Provide budget information to the line of business leads to facilitate an overall view of
● Ensure all required authorizations and approvals are obtained for the execution of
promotional advertising campaigns.
● Post-Secondary Degree in Marketing/Business
● Solid understanding of digital channels and digital success metrics
● Expert knowledge in media planning, buying, execution, and optimization
● 6-8 years in digital marketing, primarily in Display/Programmatic and RTB
● 2-3 years in Search/Social/Affiliates channel
● Hands-on experience with DoubleClick – DoubleClick Campaign Manager, DoubleClick
● Hands-on experience with self-serve advertising platforms – Adwords, Facebook,
● Experience working with digital analytics – Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics
● Experience working with marketing tech solutions – DMP, attribution modelling tools
● Ability to report/evaluate the media performance results and drive insights for the
● Experience evaluating digital creative copy/design and campaign landing pages
● Financial Services environment and/or performance/acquisition driven campaign an
● Experience working in an Advertising Agency/managing an Agency an asset
● Proactive team player
● Analytical/data-driven thinking and problem solving skills
● Interpersonal, relationship management skills to navigate matrix environment
● Strong business acumen. Relate to the overall business result and translate into
● Attention to detail and passion for quality
● Time management skills and ability to balance multiple projects/deadlines
● Strong oral, written communication skills to influence stakeholders and align on
● Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel