- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Paige Eddington
An exciting opportunity to work at a new innovation hub within the client. This new venture sets out to do things differently – we’re taking a unique approach, balancing human-centered design with an agile technology capability to tackle complex wicked problems in original ways. With a great variety of potential projects in the portfolio, there are many different areas to investigate, so you’ll certainly not be bored!
We’re looking for a Senior or Principal Service Designer with the ability to tackle the problem space in terms of people, industry and scenario.
A service design position is not the same as a UX role. It involves a more holistic outlook on problem solving, extensive thinking of the backstage workings (in how a company works and delivers on customer experience) as well as organizational and behavioral considerations.
Candidates should be able to plan, manage and execute a course of work, be highly independent, confident in their abilities and flexible enough to adapt to a fluid project landscape.
Any experience in the oil & gas would be desirable but not mandatory. Responsibilities & deliverables may include:
• To investigate and identify distinct scenarios and opportunities to compile key use cases
• Be able to carry out appropriate research (direct and ethnographic) as required
• Understand people involved in the subject area; compile stakeholder maps/ service
ecosystems and personas/archetypes
• Exploration into current processes; As-Is Service/Experience Mapping
• Design and run collaborative and co-design workshops with internal teams to define
opportunities and idea generation
• May also be required to run lean innovation workshops (with support)
• Facilitate challenger workshops to refine concepts and propositions
• Create ideal experience journeys for key stakeholders and key use-cases; User
journeys, user flows, measurement framework
• Detailing holistic service functionality - Service Blueprints, Service backlogs
• Communicate work visually/diagrammatically as well as through the written word (Adobe Creative Suite experience expected)
• Consider the wider business case
• Appreciate the impact of incremental and disruptive ideas/innovation on ways of
working and the greater business
• Experience of, or openness to, working in Agile ways
• Have an understanding of the impact of service solutions on technology build
Client is located in Houston, Texas. All work to be completed onsite at client's corporate campus.