This new venture sets out to do things differently – we’re taking a unique approach, balancing human-centered design with an agile technology capability to tackle complex wicked problems in original ways. With a great variety of potential projects in the portfolio, there are many different areas to investigate. We’re looking for a Senior UI designer with the ability to synthesize a complex problem area into intuitive design. Solutions will likely be digital applications, platforms or products. The candidate must be highly independent and confident in their abilities to navigate a fluid project landscape.
Responsibilities & deliverables:
1. Use (and evolve) the UI design language, components, grid structures, icons, interactions • Produce deliverables such as Digital Design guidelines document, Wireframes, flows, screens and prototype(s). Experience of Sketch & InVision (or equivalents) expected.
2. Ability to translate, hand-off to, and work closely with technical/development teams
3. Develop and run prototype testing sessions; A-B testing of design components and flows, information hierarchy validation e.g. card sorting General abilities
4. Appreciate the impact of incremental and disruptive digital solutions on ways of working and the greater business
5. Have up-to-date knowledge of the latest UX, UI and technology trends
6. Have an appreciation of other Design systems such as Google Material Lab and IBM
7. Have an understanding of the implications of potential solutions on the technology build
8. Experience of, or at least openness to, Agile ways of working • Appreciation of how to work with front-end developers
9. Challenge the status quo yet be realistic Working closely with: Experience Designer (UX), Head of Design & Innovation