Operates video cameras and related equipment in the filming of company videos in studio, on campus and remote locations, including outside.
The videographer will accomplish the bulk of the technical tasks related to production and post-production. He or she will transport, set up, and operate equipment; and assist with staging and set preparation.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Operates video cameras, on location or in the studio for extended periods of time (often two or more hours).
• Transports, sets up, and operates various production equipment including cameras, audio and video recorders, lighting equipment, props, and microphones for field and studio productions.
• Completes trouble and preventive maintenance reports on video and audio production equipment; assists in upkeep of studio and production sets and properties.
• Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
• Maintains equipment inventory and field and studio production schedules.
• Ability to carry and/or push equipment of up to 50 lbs.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Responsibilities (as needed)
• May determine what camera equipment is necessary and obtains equipment.
• May operate and maintain proper levels and calibration of cameras, audio and video recorders, and other production equipment.
• Collects b-roll footage.
Minimum Job Requirements
Completed degree(s) from an accredited college/university/film school.
Minimum 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.