Our Leading Beauty & Cosmetics Client is looking for a Fragrance Buyer!
This is a Direct Hire role and relocaton is offered.
The Buyer is responsible for setting brand or class strategies to maximize sales, margin, and inventory and space productivity. In partnership with the merchandise planning team, they manage all categories within their business area. This position works with the merchandise planning team to develop and deliver financial plans and forecasts. They develop merchandise assortments, marketing strategies and in-store presentation. This position must work cross-functionally to achieve their goals. Responsible to mentor, coach and develop team members.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Business Area Strategy: Drives development and execution of the business area strategy. Partner and support omni-channel strategy. Manages individual business area.
- Financial Plans: Develop and execute financial plans including sales, margin and inventory in conjunction with merchandise planning team.
- Marketing: Execute marketing plans that set pricing and product cadence to optimize profitable sales and support the corporate marketing strategy.
- In-Store Merchandising: Responsible for determining product assortment for promotional locations in store. Proof all in-store signage for printing; signage for all marketing in promo planner, enters skus in for tables, endcaps, etageres & cash wrap.
- Planograms: Drives planogram process by working with vendors to determine assortment, secure samples, assessing SKU/Brands productivity, completing or gathering sku set up paperwork, maintaining add/delete lists, shelf strip proofing, managing fixtures with vendors if required.
- Reporting: Pulls, prepare and analyze reports from BW, SAP, or Merchandising systems as needed.
- Collaboration: Develop and maintain internal and external relationships, including Distribution Centers, eCommerce, Marketing, Operations, Planning & Allocation, Stores and brand partners.
- Values: Exemplifies core values within role. Company alues are quality and timely decision making, continuous improvement, collaboration, accountability, coaching and developing, planning and prioritizing, communication.
- Continuous Improvement: Complete on-going training and development courses supported by the HR Training Team or the Merchandise Operations Training Team.
- Brand Management: In partnership with dotcom team, management of the brand portfolio, performance, and relationships to maximize profitability and achieve financial objectives.
- Negotiation: Negotiate vendor terms, item costs, exclusivity, newness or exits to support the financial plans and strategy.
- Trend: Proactively assess and monitor the competitive landscape and marketplace to determine potential opportunities or threats.
- Leadership: Mentor, coach, and develop direct report(s) to position them for success and promotability.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Education: Bachelors degree required
- Work Experience: 5+ years total experience in retail, must have both merchandising and MP&I experience.
- Skills: Strong organizational skills required. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Knowledge of SAP and SAP Hana a plus. Creative problem solver.
- Professionalism and confidentiality required.
- Passion for the business.
- High energy innovation leader.
- Strong financial aptitude and analytical ability. Capability to lead brand meetings and presentations.
- Proven leadership skills in communication, teamwork, collaboration and relationship building.
- Demonstrates enterprise thinking and proficiency across buying or merchandise planning or inventory assignments.
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen.
- Strong negotiation skills. Strong merchandising, forecasting and financial skills.
- Working Conditions: Some travel required