Our large financial services client located in Boston is seeking a UX Designer for a year-long contract assignment.
We’re looking for designers who are motivated to create compassionate, inclusive, usable, and elegant experiences that help people achieve their financial goals and feel confident about their future.
The Purpose of Your Role
• This role is part of the User Experience Design chapter, which supports our retail, workplace, institutional, and global business units. This design role will be embedded on an agile squad in our retail (e.g. website or our mobile app) business. Designers in this model work with their squad on a daily basis, and report to a UX Chapter Leader. It’s a fast-paced environment that allows squads more autonomy than in a command-and-control organization.
The Skills You Bring
• You demonstrate a clear and compelling design sense grounded in empathy and thoughtfulness
• You show an aptitude and enthusiasm for working in teams, and a willingness to help your team complete tasks outside the realm of design, if necessary
• You have a broad set of design skills, which might include visual and graphic design, information architecture, prototyping, front-end coding, strategic design methods (such as design thinking), user research, or writing
• You can get a little nerdy about at least one of the design skills above
• You understand, or are willing to learn, the principles of Lean UX and how to adapt your process, activities and artifacts to best serve the squad
• You are familiar with the value of design systems and how to use them
• You communicate well, whether on the phone, over video, in writing, or in person
• You enjoy learning, and happily teach others
• You have a powerful impulse to improve existing designs, invent new experiences, and perform better than our competition
• Design brings you joy, and it shows
The Value You Deliver
• Bringing business ideas to life, through sketching, wireframing, prototyping, testing, writing, and coding
• Helping your team deliver valuable experiences to our customers, even if it means tackling non-design tasks on occasion
• Facilitating and inspiring idea generation techniques with your squad