Our pharmaceutical client is hiring for a high end, super creative and out of the box deisgner. As a senior graphic designer on a long-term contract, you’ll join a culturally diverse group of 90+ strategic and creative explorers at an in-house advertising agency for a biopharmaceutical company with 29,000+ employees.
You’ll be part of a close-knit team—senior designers, web developers, motion artists, writers, editors, and account managers—that partners with cross-functional stakeholders to support 30+ leading brands. Together, you’ll develop multichannel materials for affiliates in 80+ countries.
You’ll love working in the modern, eco-friendly building with bright, open interior spaces. Time for a break? Grab a coffee or snack in the on-site Starbucks, enjoy a full meal in the tricked-out cafeteria (sushi Mondays and make-your-own-omelet Thursdays!), work up a sweat in the spacious gym, or take a stroll along the nature path on campus.
And you’ll find it all in Mettawa, with a free shuttle to and from Metra + convenient access to I94.
• Create digital and print materials: infographics, trade show graphics and engagements, journal ads, banner ads, user interfaces, emails, websites, interactive PDFs, and more
• Collaborate with writers and creative manager to visualize complex data
• Partner with web developers and video editors to create interactive materials
• Conceptualize and execute materials that meet brand standards
• Complete projects started by other designers or partner agencies
• Develop creative solutions within the confines of FDA regulations
• Source stock photos and video footage
• Communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale in large meetings
• Set priorities with traffic/project managers to meet critical deadlines
• Education + experience: Bachelor’s degree in design, advertising, or related discipline; 5+ years’ experience developing professional digital and print materials; strong portfolio demonstrating creativity, strong print design and related expertise
• Technical skills: Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite software: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator; awareness of trends in graphic design and digital and print technologies
• Soft skills: High degree of initiative to drive projects to completion in a fast-paced environment; ability to absorb and respond to constructive feedback and turn projects around quickly when off course
• Portfolio: Must provide samples of work to be considered
Nice to Have, but not required
• UX/UI and email marketing experience
• Expertise in creating digital mockups and retouching photos
• Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects
• Pharmaceutical experience: working in a highly regulated environment
• Ability to work overtime when needed to complete time-sensitive projects