- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Cassie Hunter
AQUENT is supporting a global beauty brand in their search for a Creative Designer on a part-time freelance basis (avg 20 hrs/week, 1-2 days onsite - Mondays and Fridays preferred) in NYC! We are seeking a strong creative and aesthetic reflecting a fresh & modern sensibility; strong attention to detail ambition: We will look to you to lead our creative and have a strong point of view.
The role will touch many areas depending on where support is needed, which is why we need an agile designer. The role will predominantly focus on two areas: Communications and Marketing.
Examples of types of work include PR dossiers. Develop designs and execute PR visual dossiers to bring collections to life. Quick formatting for Ecommerce (minor retouching, tweaking, cropping)
***Capabilities to do social images etc are a PLUS!***
Examples include: Artwork Design for packaging and gifting ideas. Apply to technicals. Advertising support such as taking the assets from the main advertising and laying them out for POS, potentially for an email or digital ad (essentially, taking existing artwork from ad from agency and reformat/repurpose)
Ideate & design artwork designs from start to finish
Conduct conceptual explorations & competitive research
Ability to adapt proposal given team feedback
Ability to apply designs to technical MASK files
Branding: maintain and establish a brand aesthetic guideline & style guide
Good eye for color & printing knowledge (for on-press packaging runs)
Ability to make layout & copy revisions to existing advertising, POS & cascading asset
THE FOLLOWING AREAS ARE A PLUS! There may be projects in these spaces when Marketing & Communications support is slowing down.
Social media elements (i.e. interesting content across photos, boomerangs, GIFs)
Editing assets for E-comm needs/guidelines
MERCHANDISING/ RETAILER IN-STORE DESIGN
Develop and execute all merchandising artwork (i.e. Open Sell Planograms and Caseline)
Promotional display development ie: cashwraps or promotional table displays
2-4 years experience in Graphic Design across print and digital
Collaborative positive energy
Adobe Creative Suite, Merch 3D software, artwork dieline, mockup software, Powerpoint
Familiarity with all social platforms including Instagram and Facebook
Experience in beauty/fashion a plus
A major beauty brand, but you will be employed by AQUENT. Working with AQUENT gives you access to some pretty cool things:
1. You're paid weekly with the option for direct deposit Subsidized Health/Vision/Dental (including term life and LTD) benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk). Learn more about our awesome benefits here: https://aquent.com/our-dna/healthcare
2. Access to Fidelity 401(k)
3. Access to the Flexible Spending Account Program (pre-tax payment toward commuter passes, etc.)
4. Talent Rewards Program (we pay cash for referrals!)
5. Free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
6. Free online courses via Lynda.com
7. Aquent Support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations. We're also there to help you find new opportunities when you're finishing up your current role.
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.