Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for:
- Able to effectively plan a variety of research studies such as ethnographies, contextual interviews and usability testing
- Able to create research deliverables such as plans, moderator scripts, result reports, etc.
- Able to facilitate/conduct sessions with participants
- Able to coordinate with other researchers, business stakeholders and UX design team members for planning and execution
- Able to work within an Agile environment and execute research in an iterative fashion
- Must be able to effectively present and speak to research results on a professional level in order to be the “voice of field agents”
- Responsible for following techniques that adhere the Retail & Services User Experience strategy, used to guide all UX decisions for our internal facing applications
- Expert understanding of UX methodology and best practices, with the ability to connect them to business, technical and product strategy
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects with competing demands
- Ability to self-prioritize time and deliverable schedules
Collaboration is at the center of how we develop experiences and you will be able to hold conversations with, and present to, senior executives, product owners, strategists, UX designers, developers, business analysts, business stakeholders, and project managers. You should also be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to self-define tasks, deadlines, and next steps as needed.
What are the MUST have skills that you are looking for in a candidate?
- 4+ years experience with iterative research methodology
- 5+ years experience with contextual and usability methods
- 3+ years experience in a corporate environment
- 5+ years experience with planning, executing and reporting results
- Must have samples of a plan, script and final report
- Must be able to travel up to 60% and okay with expense/reimbursement policies
- BA in Communications, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction or related fields
- Agile/Iterative experience
- Human Factors knowledge or CUA certification.
- Experience with remote testing methods such as Optimal Workshop or UserZoom.
- Ability to translate research findings in to UX recommendations such as process flows, journey maps, personas and low-fi sketches.
What are the technologies and the depth of the technologies that a candidate must have in order to be successful in this role?
• Expert in Microsoft PowerPoint
• Proficient in Microsoft Word
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator
• Knowledge of Sketch
What are the soft skills that you feel candidates must-have in order to be successful in this role?
• Strong ability to collaborate and assert a point of view positively and with empathy
• Comfortable with ambiguity
• Great communication skills
• Professionalism is key as they will be going out to stores and representing corporate headquarters
Please provide three industries that would produce fitting candidates: