Our client, an innovative e-commerce company is seeking a Lead UI/Visual Designer for their team.
This is a direct hire role and is open to candidates who would like to relo to the SF Bay area.
• Leading and creating the definition of UI/visual design throughout the product lifecycle, from initial explorations to final deliverables.
• Translating conceptual ideas into compelling experiences and dynamic UI/visual presentations, turning usability findings into design improvements.
• Collaborate with Product, UX and Engineering through requirements, design and implementation stages.
• Closely collaborate with the business teams to solve complex issues, like interaction models and data visualization
• Bachelor’s degree in Advertising or Design, or a minimum of 8 years’ experience in design
• A minimum of 5 years of Visual design, UI layout, & typography experience, preferably in the e-commerce space
• Extensive working knowledge of core graphic design tools and conceptual familiarity with current Web technologies and trends.
• Strong online portfolio.
• Master’s degree
• Start-up experience
• Strong analytical skills – ability to understand the constraints of a design problem and identify the tradeoffs.
• Strong empathic skills – understanding how and why an interface succeeds or fails.
• Ability to take the intel, analytics, and pull the story together
• Strong presentation skills/Ability to influence
• Passion for opportunities our company has to offer its customers, retailers & partners
• Outstanding communications, relationship building, and collaboration skills.
• Strategic thinking with ability to develop and implement actionable plans to drive business results
• Proven ability to partner and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Strong analytical skills (ability to understand the constraints of a design problem and identify the tradeoffs)