Leading Media and Entertainment Client is looking for an Associate Project Engineer to work a 1 year assignment with the option to extend. Will be located in their Pawtucket, RI Office
The Project Engineer will join the Product Development Team. Will be responsible for the engineering development of products ensuring performance, cost, quality and schedule adherence. Will function as the engineering lead from initial concept through production start. As part of the cross functional development team, you will be actively involved in defining the initial product, managing the builds of proof of concept models, exploring new materials and new processes, developing and defining product specifications.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Accountable for product execution (function, performance, cost and on time delivery of total product offering).
• Set project execution and development strategy.
• Drive team to project plan adherence.
• Anticipate, analyze, resolve and escalate project issues.
• Establish engineering direction and lead engineering reviews.
• Create product and performance specifications.
• Estimate product costs and recommend cost reduction options. Drive team to cost decisions.
• Collaborate with design on concepts.
• B.S. Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
• 2-4 years experience working in the toy and/or consumer goods industry preferred.
• Knowledge of engineering-related disciplines.
• Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and cost analysis.
• Prior experience with Far East vendors a plus.
• Ability to interpret quality, safety and reliability standards and meet requirements.
• Ability to assess, communicate and mitigate technical risks.
• Ability to successfully communicate and/or translate technical information.
• Ability to establish product development strategies and engineering direction.
• Knowledge of CAD (Solidworks preferred) to communicate designs & ideas for product development, and provide engineering direction.