As the Head of Design (UX/Visual) you will help to create a first rate interactive design team for this innovative ecommerce gift giving company.
• Responsible for developing and managing all aspects of our design and creative output.
• Directs, oversees and mentors a team of visual and UX designers
• Develops, implements, and manages the company’s design strategy.
• Leading the definition of visual design throughout the product lifecycle, from initial explorations to final deliverables.
• Hands-on, translating conceptual ideas into compelling experiences and dynamic visual presentations, and turning usability findings into design improvements.
• Ensures designs are completed on time and adhere to the established specifications and standards.
• Monitors the bid or proposal process to ensure organizational goals are met.
• Collaborates with the Leadership team to create functional strategies and specific objectives for the business.
• Leading visual brand identity for the company and its products
• Provide quality control over design outputs and production
• Bachelor’s degree in Advertising or Design, or a minimum of 10 years of industry experience in design
• Proven Interactive experience (design applications / mobile / web)
• A minimum of 8 years of Visual or UX design, UI layout, & typography experience, preferably in the e-commerce space
• Minimum of 3 years people leadership experience
• Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
• Master’s degree
• Start-up experience
• Strong analytical skills – ability to understand the constraints of a design problem and identify the trade-offs.
• Strong empathic skills – understanding how and why an interface succeeds or fails.
• Strong online portfolio.
• Ability to take the intel, analytics, and pull the story together
• Strong presentation skills/ability to influence
• Passion for opportunities the company has to offer its customers, retailers & partners
• Outstanding communications, relationship building, and collaboration skills.
• Strategic thinking with ability to develop and implement actionable plans to drive business results
• Proven ability to partner and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated project management skills