Our client, a Fortune 100 Energy client, is looking for people who have specific experience in Service Design, Systems Thinking, Design Thinking, and Value Stream Mapping. They will be part of a team who works on enterprise-wide transformation projects and will participate in all aspects of user research. They are looking for a UX Researcher/Service Designer with the ability to tackle the problems from a more holistic view, taking into account the extensive backstage workings of how a company works and delivers on customer experience, as well as organizational and behavioral considerations. A strong researcher who embraces this holistic way of working and thinking would be an excellent fit!
This person would be expected to:
• Participate in all aspects of user research and design to provide expertise and guidance in order to deliver superior application user experience to business partners for web, mobile web and mobile applications.
• Participate in all aspects of User Centered Design to provide expertise and guidance around the design, development, analysis and testing of mobile, web and desktop computer applications.
• They will be primarily responsible for designing, conducting, analyzing, and reporting on user-centered design research and usability testing, including identification of user needs and goals, task and workflow modeling, ethnography and persona development as well as rapid iterative usability testing, and more formal, in-depth testing
Some of the day-to-day activities of the role would include:
• Apply research to interactive design, consult on advanced understands of user centered design and user research methodologies and interaction design.
• Lead highly collaborative design workshops and requirements gathering sessions with business and technology partners
• Conduct usability research both online and in the field and provide recommendations for improvement.
• Perform user testing and analysis of internal applications
• Plan, conduct and synthesize generative and evaluative research using standard methodologies
• Work with the design team to assess and modify applications
• Work with project business representatives and team members to test business requirements using heuristic/qualitative methods.
• Organization & Analytical (huge volumes of data)
• Improvisation & Adaptability (handling pressure, changing priorities)
• Time management
• Visual Design
• High standards of quality
• Accepts criticism / feedback
• Professional (presenting themselves to senior managers)
• Quick & avid learner