You are an exemplary hands-on UX designer with strong visual design chops. Defining user problems with empathy and designing with purpose is your calling. You are inquisitive with a passion for learning and developing UI patterns in an effort to build and govern a pattern library that is the foundation of our product experiences. You have applied knowledge of user-centered design principles, UX best practices, trends and emerging technologies.
Focusing on users needs and wants, you will collaborate with a team of engineers, product managers, user researchers and other user experience designers focused on defining new media experiences as well as owning and managing a global design system.
- Designs elegant and engaging experiences that connect consumers with brands which augment their home shopping experience
- Closely partner with media product managers on development of the media product roadmap, annual media product suite and interim media products
- Works to assist in effort scoping for roadmap planning
- Acts as the ‘eyes and ears’ of media within the core UED group to assist in prioritization
- Manages design resource for alignment with strategy and ensures UX and media quality design standards
- Manages, designs and governs design pattern libraries and style guides
- Makes timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints and risks
- Develops expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team
- BA/BS/BFA degree in design, design, human-computer interaction, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience as well as experience integrating user research into design practices.
- Applied knowledge of user-centered design principles, UX Design best practices, trends and emerging technologies
- Experience designing products for consumer audiences from concept to implementation.
- Online portfolio demonstrates solutions that represent the most user-centric intersection of content, business, technology, and design
- Deep understanding of the media industry, product experiences, performance considerations, and emerging technologies
- Degree in human factors, HCI, information design, or related area.
- Experience designing projects for multiple device types and contexts.
- Ability to create interactive prototypes.