AQUENT is seeking a Project Manager for one of our most innovative ecommerce clients in Buffalo Grove, IL.
Project Managers are responsible for establishing and leading enterprise-wide, cross-functional strategic initiatives. PM’s lead a variety of different types of projects including launching new products and services, large-scale application development, systems integration, BPO arrangements, operational efficiency improvements, process reengineering and infrastructure upgrades and deployments.
Major responsibilities and duties:
1. Single accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating and delivering one or more projects, programs or strategic initiatives. Accountable for one or more initiatives that encompass business, IT and operational deliverables.
2. Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and clarity on the desired qualitative and/or quantifiable business benefit or outcomes.
3. Directs large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and matrix partners.
4. Structures the project/program/initiative in such a way that clear accountabilities are established and ultimately the PM bears accountability for delivery and satisfaction of the key stakeholders.
5. Is an effective team builder who promotes team effectiveness by utilizing each person’s unique talent and skills, motivates performance, fosters communication and mitigates problems. In the interest of effective team operations, may recommend and take actions to alter team composition. 6. Directly manages the application of a standard project life cycle methodology and ensures plans and actions executed by assembled business and IT teams are coordinated and delivered in accordance with that methodology.
7. Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved and expected outcomes enabled within agreed upon time, cost and quality parameters. Takes the initiative to make and/or propose adjustments in project/program aspects and makes recommendations to leadership.
8. Responsible for the financial planning and management of the project/program/initiative. Validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures.
9. Directs the development of deployment strategy and plan that encompasses project communications, training and change management plans and personally assures that appropriate contacts and relationships are developed and maintained.
10. Chairs weekly Core Team and monthly Operating Committee meetings to review progress with key constituents as well as provides regular status reporting to all stakeholders.
11. Ensures that project milestones are identified and tracked to proactively identify and resolve issues and mitigate risks that may threaten project/program/initiative delivery.
12. Ensures that key project/program/initiative deliverables are appropriately managed that support successful project delivery using project management best practices, methods and tools. The resulting evidence of this may include the following artifacts: project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, risk management/contingency plans as well as a deployment plan that factors adoption to change.
13. Represents the initiative in various project governance and inter-departmental forums.
1. Proven leadership ability that manifests itself in quickly earning sponsorship and key stakeholder trust; mobilizing and motivating teams; setting direction and approach; resolving conflict; delivering tough messages with grace; executing with limited information and ambiguity.
2. Demonstrated, applied expertise organizing and delivering complex projects.
3. Proven relationship management skills that enable effective navigation in a highly matrixed organization and incorporates and fosters appropriate customer focus.
4. Solid negotiation, influencing and conflict resolution skills.
5. Sound business, technical and financial acumen.
6. Big picture thinker with an entrepreneurial bent who combines those qualities with a proven track record of results orientation.
7. Focused and versatile team player who is comfortable under pressure. 8. Strong communicator with polished presentation skills. Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally.
9. Demonstrated strong sense of urgency with laser-like focus and command of issues and risks. Track record of proactively anticipating problems, avoiding them and/or leading effective barrier removal efforts to maintain team focus on delivery.
10. Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
11. Exemplary core project management knowledge and skills and expertise in the use of various project development life cycle methods and tools, such as Agile/Scrum and Waterfall.
12. Accomplished in and fosters the use of Continuous Improvement (CI) methods and tools.
Must be familiar with, and have demonstrated experience delivering technical projects that support/improve Order to Cash(O2C) and Procure to Pay(P2P) business processes. Nice to have: experience with creating and implementing entire O2C cycle business functionality (process, tools, departments, etc.)
Deliver an operationalized O2C and P2P functionality.
-Current/Future state O2C/P2P Gap Analysis
-Implementation of new tools/processes
-Change Management and Communication
Major Responsibilities/Key Tasks:
Partner with Business Product Owner to help plan, manage and deliver in-house O2C/P2P functionality spanning multiple project and business teams.