- Menlo Park
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Heather Farrin
Lab Maintenance + Troubleshooting
- Daily check-in on all user experience reserach labs to troubleshoot and maintain all technology and peripheral devices to ensure end-user satisfaction
- Assist researchers with set up of labs prior to research studies
- Provide accurate, time sensitive, and effective solutions/assistance to researchers during lab use
- Manage field equipment inventory
- Use the ticketing system to open, track, and resolve all lab & related issues
- Assist UX Lab Managers with construction of new UX Labs
- Coordinate trainings with external tool vendors
- Manage distribution of tool licenses
- Provide on-going technical support, documentation, training and assistance to UX Researchers
- 3+ years of AV installation, operation, and troubleshooting experience – including but not limited to equipment integration, handling, break/fixing and configuring audio & video hardware, and cable & connector types
- Experience with audio & video processing equipment, such as Extron
- Familiarity with RJ45/CAT5, BNC, XLR, & TRS connectors
- Familiarity with video recording and streaming concepts and codecs
- Experience trouble shooting mobile devices (Android and Android dev tools strongly preferred)
- Experience troubleshooting in Mac and Windows environment, including IP connectivity and application compatibility
- Compelling communication and a strong customer service orientation
- Detail oriented with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with ux/usability research & methods is strongly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Media Technology (or related field) or equivalent work experience
This TOP social media company, headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem solving mode
- Take part in global internal conversations that are happening with stakeholders, wherever they may be located, who are the best at what they do
Additionally, check out all you’d have at your fingertips:
Paid Time Off:
- Freelancers are eligible to accrue up to 15 days of PTO per 12-month period. Accrual begins on your first day of assignment thereafter. Non-exempt workers (hourly) accrue 1 hour of PTO for every 16.67 hours. Accrued PTO can be used after your 91st day on assignment. PTO can be used for holidays, personal time off, vacation, and sick time.
- Transportation to and from San Francisco/Oakland to their campus in Menlo Park CA.
- Communal beach cruisers are parked everywhere, making it easy to get across the 57 acre, 11 building campus.
- Bike Repair Shop.
- Meals are provided (and we’re not talking about a small cafeteria)! It is like Disneyland with all of the amazing options you have available. You will never get bored with all of the restaurants you have to choose from.
- The football field-sized grass roof deck is available for you to use at your leisure! With beautiful views and tons of space, it is great place to relax and enjoy your lunch every day.
Please ensure full legal name is on resume.