As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for writing and editing product documentation for This Project's APIs. Your role involves tasks such as writing conceptual overviews and procedures, reading and writing sample code, or updating help center queries and FAQs. Technical writers play a big part at This Client. They are a key link between engineers, marketing associates, developer advocates, as well as all the external users and developers, tying together many vital but disparate parts of the Client ecosystem. You will interact with engineering and other operations groups to define deliverables, priorities, and needs. Based on the impact, we will consider hiring an FTE in the longterm.
- Write technical documentation, including concept docs, how-to guides, and API reference docs and sample code
- Design and organize documentation sets for new features.
- Rewrite and reorganize existing docs to improve developer productivity.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills.
- Manage complex documentation projects, and take responsibility for the quality of your documentation.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant experience, such as technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing including experience with writing technical customer-facing materials.
- Experience in the online payments industry
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build strong relationships with cross functional partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, impeccable business judgment, and solid understanding of user-experience principles.