Are you a modern marketing professional who is looking to have a key role in growing the tech SW business and transforming how we do marketing? Are you excited about helping us re-establish one of our marketing disciplines – events? If your answer is yes, then this Event specialist position is right for you.
Our Centre of excellence team is looking for a self-starter, collaborative marketer that doesn’t think about events in isolated way. We are looking for a modern marketer that can hit the ground running; an innovative thinker with appetite for learning; someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and work on end to end event executions. The team needs a hands-on marketer, resilient to change.
The candidate is responsible for day to day event management support and execution for different groups within Canada. The candidate will work with the immediate digital and social teams to develop a surround strategy that engages the target audience and drives their active participation to meet the objectives of the event and with the operations team to make sure that registration pages, lead management and connection to Marketing Automation platform are completed successfully.
The event specialist will also make sure that events have all logistics set up (location/venue sourcing, catering, A/V) and are executed with excellence.
• Work with different portfolio/business groups and integrated marketing teams to translate business goals and objectives from marketing plans into compelling event plans that deliver engagement, leads, pipeline and revenue.
• Select venues, source catering, coordinate event registration pages creation and email invites for different events triaged by the Campaign desk
• Complete SOWs or other event supporting documents
• Maintain good event hygiene information within the CRM system that captures all event requests
• Partner with key event agencies to deliver as per the return on Brief
• Lead pre-event, during and post event planning with an event agency or independently
• Learn new ON24 digital demand webinar platforms and then educate the marketers that will deliver the webinars on how to use the platform
• Learn and use the events reporting tool to drive insights
• Create, develop and share post event reports with stakeholders
• Work closely with the Marcom/Commercial Marketing team to ensure excellent go- to market plan execution when it comes to events
• Work with agency partners in the development and delivery of event plans, assets, tactics and execution.
• Track, measure and report event performance against agreed-upon metrics,
• Communicate effectively, on a regularly scheduled cadence, to ensure stakeholder alignment.
• Ensure events are executed against our compliance imperative
• Evangelize the use of tools to enable proper measurement of event effectiveness (including satisfaction, cost per attendee, and leads volume)
Qualifications and skills:
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in coordinating and executing different event types onsite and digital (trade shows, conferences, seminars, client engagement).
• Knowledge of lead management tools, marketing automation platforms preferred
• Ability to take initiative, be proactive, and work independently with little supervision.
• Demonstrated project management skills, including planning, prioritizing, setting timelines, and driving the delivery of work on time and budget.
• Experience working with agencies
• Demonstrated track record of managing, supporting, and executing successful events and communications.
• Ability to create plans, project scope, and schedules to ensure all event logistics are properly budgeted, estimated, and scheduled.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact across different levels of the organization
• Creative thinking and an energetic and positive approach to facing challenges
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or Communications required.
• Events executed compliantly, on time, budget and with end to end reporting and insights
• Decrease the volume of small and tier three events that are not connecting to prospects nurture programs or don’t work with the overall marketing strategy and audience journey
• Increase the % of digital and on demand content that can help the business scale
• Increase YoY attendance and attribution to pipeline and revenue
• Maximize satisfaction survey return rate and level of satisfaction