A leading San Francisco company is looking to bring on a Digital Media Investment Analyst for a 3-4 month contract that is on-site, 40 hours a week.
This contractor would do foundational work on their media budget forecasting and performance tracking. Key responsibilities would include creating structured data tables from several sources, creating a model to forecast channel performance, and building a dynamic tool to mock business scenarios and understand revenue implications. We will eventually reference, populate, and run scenarios on the deliverables this contractor builds. You should be well versed in excel and have an interest or experience in financial or media channel forecasting (proficiency in SQL a plus).
Through original thinking, pioneering action, and disrupting the status quo, their Digital team has transformed the retail industry. From social to mobile to site to in-store technology, the company is a leading digital player that builds innovative client experiences where the clients are always the focus. With a “Genius” designation on the L2 Digital IQ Index (six years in a row), they will continue to set the pace for the industry…especially with you on their team.
In this role you will build the budget spend, forecasting, and performance models for the Digital Media team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Media Investment Strategy, you’ll be part of a high-performing Media center of excellence and will partner closely with Marketing Analytics.
In addition, you will:
• Develop the budget models and tracking process for Digital Media that reports actual spend, revenue and relevant channel performance KPIs by marketing channel and tactic
• Create a channel performance forecast and budget allocation model to optimally allocate budget to meet sales and performance targets for future months
• Optimize and make recommendations on the process for tracking, reporting, forecasting, and allocating their digital media budget
• Build an excel model that enables scenario planning to help answer business questions on spend, budget allocation, and performance
• Partner with Marketing Channel owners, agency partners, Finance and Marketing analytics to understand KPIs and business drivers by channel
• Work closely with Marketing Analytics partners in integrating multi-touch attribution modeling into inter-and-intra channel budget forecasting and optimizations
We’re excited about you if you have:
• 4 year Bachelor’s degree; Finance, Accounting, or Statistics/Mathematics concentration preferred
• 2+ years of relevant experience
• Proactive approach to data exploration and opportunity identification
• Great attention to detail, with ability to dig deep into details while keeping focus on the primary business question at hand
• Experience in with complex metrics and marketing analytics models such as LTV and diminishing returns
• Superb data analysis skills with ability to extract and interpret data from multiple sources
• Understanding of Marketing channels and their role in the client journey/conversion path, including Display, Paid Social, Paid Search, and Affiliate
• High proficiency in Excel; proficiency in SQL preferred
You’ll love working here because:
• The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
• The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product (“gratis”) various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work here!)
• The business. It feels good to win – and they are a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.