Our client is a digital leader in banking and they are looking to hire a talented Senior UX Designer in their Manhattan, New York City office, This Senior UX Designer opportunity is contract to hire, 40 hours a week, health benefits and 401K offered.
Our client is seeking an energetic and innovative Senior UX Designer (UX Architect) to join our group. Over the past few years, our client has been an active leader in the fin-tech revolution by instilling strong Product/UX discipline and onboarding expertise in emerging technologies such as block chain, data science, machine learning, and cyber-security. The team, which sits within the institutional trading division (serving corporate clients), leverages these approaches and technologies to develop the tools considered most essential to our clients. Their users are specialists and include high performance roles like trader, analyst, portfolio manager, ibankers and others closely involved in the origination, analytics, and execution of trading instruments. These users have complex, fast-paced, informationally overloaded jobs, within an already complex industry. And so the tools designed must add value while adding minimal complexity. To do the job well, the team utilizes creative design-led techniques to help them break through the industry jargon and bureaucracy and find insights that others can’t. As a firm, they are elevating ‘Design’ not only to solve complex design problems but also as a catalyst for product and service innovation.
The successful UX Designer candidate will join this unique and specialized team that provides product strategy and delivery capabilities for client-facing applications. The Product Design team sits within a Product Management organization and partners with the product owners to ensure that our hand-crafted, innovative ideas are deployed.
Senior UX Designer Skills:
• Enjoys designing highly functional user interfaces
• Has a deep understanding of interactivity and its impact on human behavior
• Has experience conceptualizing, modeling, and designing complex, yet innovative, experiences
• Understands the value of homing in on contextual details that help ensure we’re solving for the right problems
• Can defend their designs with rationale rooted in user needs and business goals
• Enjoys the multi-disciplinary and collaborative nature of product development
• Is detail-oriented and appreciates the value of visual aesthetics across everything we do
• Can translate business problems and requirements into compelling UI’s.
Senior UX Designer Responsibilities
• Guide and influence the Product/Service development process by leveraging your command of HCI and Design
• Both formally and informally uncover user needs and contexts via primary and secondary research techniques and leverage your learnings to come up with the big idea
• Create, present, and document proposed solutions from the big ideas to the smallest components which might include interaction models and flows, screen and component states, data and information hierarchies
• Escort a proposed solution through to deployment and beyond ensuring that the vision becomes a reality.
Senior UX Designer Qualifications:
• Foundation education in graphic, industrial, interaction design or related degree.
• Three to five years of experience working as a user experience professional. An advanced degrees and professional practice experience may serve as substitute for qualification.
• Demonstrable experience designing rich interactions for desktop, web, hand-held form factors
• Experience designing applications within complex business domains similar to financial services
• Track record of successful deliveries and a strong portfolio that highlights their ideas and end-product.
**A portfolio with samples of work must be reviewed before an interview will be scheduled**