AQUENT is supporting a global beauty brand in their search for a Sr. Marketing Manager! This role is a FT Freelance opportunity through June 2019 (maternity leave coverage) and is based in NYC.
Summary: Works in conjunction with senior marketers in the development and communication of the brand’s strategic vision on a global level. Responsible for the day-to-day development of new project launches and communications programs for the their assigned brand within the brand's portfolio. Will be responsible for working with their direct manager to grow the brand through both product launches and new messaging bringing a consistent flow of new ideas to the table. Supporting concepting and ideation as well as development.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
1. Interact effectively with other departments, countries, and Zones to manage the product development process
2. Conduct competitive analyses and reporting on key market trends
3. Play an integral role in the development of seasonal/yearly marketing plans for brand with input from local markets
4. Aide in the development of training materials on the line, and all new product launches
5. Assist in development of all presentations for senior management meetings
1. Leads with Human Sensitivity – Demonstrates respect (i.e. adapts behavior to respect different personalities and cultures), develops others (i.e. explains strategic objectives and the meaning of projects) and enriches team dynamics (i.e. motivates the team to work with diverse personalities and cultures)
2. Displays Sensitivity to Our “Métier” – Focuses on quality (i.e. challenges and controls the quality of the team’s work), builds knowledge of the beauty business and understands beauty
3. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship – Takes initiative (i.e. expresses ambitious goals), focuses on customers, improves performance (i.e. improves work processes to save time and resources) and develops a vision
4. Innovates – Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity (i.e. participates in creative controversy using insightful questioning)
5. Achieves Results with Integrity – Conveys energy, focuses on results (i.e. accelerates multiple tasks to meet deadlines) and acts with integrity
6. Manages Complexity – Reasons from multiple perspectives (i.e. analyzes issues by combining listening, observation, reasoning and common sense) and makes decisions (i.e. finds solutions when facing dilemmas)
7. Interacts Effectively – Listens and communicates effectively (i.e. developing a sense of confidence in presentation skills; able to express ideas across cultures) and actively networks
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4-6 years experience in cosmetics or consumer goods marketing, particularly in international markets. Luxury background. Cognisant of story telling aspect.
- Fragrance experience is a major plus
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of industry
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
- Adaptability in a rapidly changing environment
- Resilient and highly respectful
Please note : This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.