Whether you’re guiding a user through a shift in context or expressing the personality of your brand, motion and animation are key ingredients to refine a user's experience on every screen— from mobile phones and tablets to desktops and beyond.
As a Motion Designer, it’s your job to apply your passion for animation to simplify complex interactions and solve challenging design problems. In this role, you’ll help define and implement The Company's motion design language within a gaming context—this includes driving the creation of best practices, collaborating with visual and interaction designers, and working with other product teams. You’ll think critically about how motion reinforces The Company's UX objectives, enhances interactivity, and delights our users. A positive first impression makes users comfortable, assures them that the product is reliable and professional and encourages people to make the product their own. A minimalist aesthetic makes sense for most products because a clutter-free design loads quickly and doesn’t distract users from their goals. A product’s motion design should aid its narrative, guide its users, improve usability and make the experience responsive and fun.
You are a detail-oriented motion UI designer who understands how form influences function, can weave motion into interaction design and simplify complexity. User experience (UX) is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create. Our multidisciplinary UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and performance. We collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities.
- Define and implement the motion design language for products.
- Provide patterns, best practices, and guidance on animation and transitions for different devices and platforms
- Collaborate with fellow UX designers as they incorporate motion into their work to enhance interactivity and delight users.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating command of motion and interaction in web and/or mobile contexts.
- BA/BS degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience in User Experience (UX).
- Experience with motion design in a gaming platform.
- Experience using motion to reduce perceived latency.
- Understanding of basic principles of animation.
- Ability to use motion to a narrative effect and understanding the future of interactive motion.
- Ability to fuse creativity and code to deliver cutting edge interactions.
- Propensity to focus on detailed aspects of motion and experience, often related to physics, patterns, and visual design elements; ability to use motion to express sentimental or emotional experience.
- Excellent communication, presentation, conceptual, interpersonal, and analytical skills.