Aquent Studios is seeking a Photographer/Production Designer to provide professional photography support and production design to our client, a leader in the building automation industry. This individual will provide on-site photography services and also execute visual designs for major campaigns according to client provided creative briefs. There will be roughly a 60/40 split between these two areas of focus, with the majority of the work being photography. This is a photography role first and foremost, but it does require someone who has experience with corporate or agency level production design and can keep up with the required pace and demands in this area.
This role consists of both product photography and people photography. Product photography will include visually documenting industrial equipment which can vary in size from something the size of a toaster, to equipment that spans 20 feet in length. People photography will include headshots for internal use, and corporate event photography (both staged and unstaged, documentary-style shoots). The events will include both people-only events as well as events where people interact with machinery. Overall, the people photography in our client’s world is going in a more natural, unstaged direction, and incorporates heavy use of shallow depth of field, for a more intimate, human-centric, and natural look.
On the production design side, our candidate will be responsible for applying the client’s established branding guidelines to all deliverables, and ensure that completed work meets client quality expectations. Project deliverables are primarily print media such as brochures, ads, posters, logos and tradeshow displays. Acute attention to detail, and excellent file organization and project archiving skills are critical.
Utilizing Adobe Creative Cloud, the Photographer/Production Designer prepares graphic files for various platforms while maintaining the integrity of the content art, design, and brand. This position will be a part of a larger design team working across multiple locations with multiple clients.
- Accountability for on-site photography requirements, including product and people photography
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding project scopes, objectives, requirements, and budget parameters
- Design, layout, and format graphic files to print specifications, and customer requirements
- Maintain accuracy when reviewing externally supplied files, setting up client files, and/or pre-flight of newly produced files
- Proactively inform management about project changes, issues, or concerns, including issues of scope, schedule, process, and quality
- Responsible for accurately tracking and reporting time against projects, updating project tracking information, and assisting as requested, with estimating resources and project costs
- Availability to work a flexible schedule depending on client deadlines and volume of projects
- Proficiency in file storage and archiving
- Experience lighting various types of hard surfaces, and experience lighting people for staged photo shoots
- Experience with unstaged, documentary-style photography in unstructured and sometimes chaotic environments
- Experience directing small and large groups of (often distracted) people in a confident and organized manner, to produce quality staged people photography
- Ability to effectively evaluate photography for both visual style and content
- Experience with product photography, including small and large objects
- Can organize disparate source materials into cohesive relevant design
- Excellent command of formats, typography, graphics, and layout
- Advanced knowledge of appropriate ratio of clear space, content, and graphics to achieve a consistent brand look and feel
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in creating print-ready files to required specifications
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and independently under continual deadline constraints with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple quick-turn projects and changing priorities
- High level of flexibility, and the ability to work in a very fast-paced environment are key
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or comparable work experience preferred
- 3+ years professional photography experience
- 3-7+ years of experience is highly preferred in advertising, design, and/or marketing communications with at least 3 years designing impactful corporate ads and B2B marketing campaign materials within corporate identity guidelines
- Proven proficiency and understanding of Microsoft Office Suite including Windows, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven proficiency and understanding of Adobe Creative Suite programs InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat