- Seattle, WA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Geoff Goodman
Our client is a Senior Customer Journey Insights Manager, to join their team!
What You Have:
- Customer research (both qualitative and quantitative) to understand how people use online services
- The candidate must have excellent hands-on qualitative research experience in a number of research methodologies.
- Experience running surveys or managing research vendors to run quantitative research projects
- Candidates must also possess customer obsession and a desire to affect change on behalf of the customer
- Experience managing and influencing senior stakeholders
- Strong project management and analytical skills, as well as a track record of delivering projects in complex and ambiguous environments.
Key Job Responsibilities
· Plan, scope and prioritize customer research studies, working backwards from customer needs to identify areas that can drive impactful customer experience enhancements
· Own and drive end-to-end customer research studies that have been prioritized across multiple business areas, including study design, fieldwork (qualitative research moderation and survey execution), analysis, recommendations, reporting and presentation of results to senior management.
· Build and continuously improve processes to gather customer insights and optimize efficiencies.
· Work cross-functionally with peers/colleagues, and other research teams, to align on methodologies, insights, and prioritize change needed to our customer experience.
· Build and manage vendor relationships with research agencies.
Our client is world-renowned e-commerce and cloud computing company considered by many to be the world’s most customer-centric organization. Based in Seattle, our client is known for having small, agile, and innovative teams made up of members who think big, are always curious, and have a strong bias for action, and high standards.
They are an equal opportunity employer that prioritizes diversity, and equality, and encourages all employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work each and every day. Their top priority is understanding how their customer is evolving and they remain diligent in providing convenience, affordable products, and unrivaled customer service.
Many offices are located in the heart of Downtown Seattle/South Lake Union and are well-known for being dog-friendly!
Minimum 8+ years professional experience, (5+ years) experience leading customer research projects.
A Graduate or equivalent degree, ideally in psychology, cognitive science, Human Factors, etc. or related field.
Hands-on qualitative research experience of study design, using a range of techniques (e.g. depth interviews, focus groups, online communities, diary studies and usability research)
Quantitative research experience, particularly with survey design.
Strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and good business judgment.
Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
Self-starter who possesses flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations
Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule, including quickly turning around study plans and reports
Ability to travel essential
Advanced Degree (e.g. MBA, MS in Human Factors, HCDE etc)
Retail/E-commerce research experience in a global context
Hands on qualitative and quantitative research experience, particularly customer interview moderation.
Fluency in other languages are an advantage.