Our Fortune 500 global asset management firm, who provides global investment management and research services, is in need of a skilled freelance UX Designer with a “mobile first” mentality for a B2B Product Owners in the Wealth Management space. This progressive client, who treats freelances like staff, is looking to enhance their growing tight-knit UX Pod, with a start-up feel environment.
This role is onsite in NYC (except for Friday/remote), open ended assignment, strong opportunity to extend, healthcare benefits, paid sick time, 401k is provided for this freelance engagement.
What You Will Do:
- As a UX Designer, you will work closely with Strategy, Development and Design to drive superior content structure, functionality and usability on publicly facing and intranet websites and mobile devices. Communication and collaboration with these teams throughout all stages of user interface development is vitally important to ensuring that communication and functional objectives are met for any channel
- Current initiatives include recently creative design for a re-branded website, “Product Center”, “Pattern Library”. End users include Financial Advisors, company clients
- Conduct in-depth interviews and research to fully understand user needs, sentiment through the funnel and appropriate touchpoints.
- An important aspect of this role is to conduct user research, interviews and surveys, and then use the gathered information to create sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes.
- Collaborate with UX designers to move products forward and execute on plans, analyze usage data and traffic patterns, perform user testing and A/B tests to measure customer response
- Creating and implementing surveys for direct customer feedback, review competitors’ products for additional insights
- Design style guides to define UI elements, sketch ideas, create personas to reflect a typical customer, prototype products for user testing, and create wireframes to guide developers and visual designers
What You Need:
- Large company experience preferred, financial industry no required. The candidate must have a very good understanding of technology, financial business goals and psychology along with being a creative problem solver with an excellent work history
- Ability to research, understand and organize large amounts of specialized content with an excellence in delivering analysis, architecture and user interfaces with clean, concise documentation such as: site audits, competitive analysis documentation, site maps, scenarios, personas & empathy maps, journey maps, wireframes, paper and interactive prototypes, written specs and feature scope documents
- Previous experience designing, launching, deploying, and iterating upon large consumer-facing websites and mobile
- Advanced knowledge of software: Sketch, InVision, Axure, Visio, OmniGraffle, etc..
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs./wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com