This Client creates digital solutions that enable small and medium businesses to build, manage, and grow online. Our services include website building, domain management, website hosting, dynamic local listing, e-commerce, and business mail. This Client also manages a complementary suite of apps covering actionable live web insights, application/developer platform, real time traffic tracking and analytics, recommendations, provisioning management, subscription/billing management, and merchant solutions.
We are looking for a Product Interaction Designer to join our collaborative team in designing products and experiences that serve small business owners and entrepreneurs. We want to transform the experience of building a business online. You will help us do this by creating delightful experiences for our small business customers that guide them through the life cycle of starting, building and growing their business. Your primary mission is to understand the goals of our customers combined with business needs and transform that understanding into delightful, intuitive products and experiences. This role requires high engagement, the ability to build collaboration, and drive strategic direction by raising visibility of trends, issues, and opportunities across the organization. You are comfortable working in an environment that is constantly changing, with the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks to keep pace with a fast and innovative market.
- As an Interaction Designer you will work closely with customers and users, product managers, business teams, marketers, engineers and other key stakeholders to: Document research findings, create personas, and define user scenarios Sketch conceptual design, interaction flows and product wireframes
- Create product prototypes, detailed design, product design specifications, style guides and graphic design.
- Communicate designs to key stakeholders
- Work with development to ensure faithful implementation of designs
- Throughout the design process you will communicate design ideas and collaborate with the design team, leadership, product management and engineering to ensure designs meet user needs and goals, business goals, product timelines and engineering scope and feasibility.
The Ideal Candidate:
The idea of reimagining how business people will start, build and grow their business online really excites you. You have a creative and entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy collaborating with a team to design and build great products that meet customer and business goals. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are able to juggle competing priorities to produce compelling design on schedule.
Must Have Skills:
- A passion for designing great products that delight users
- 3 years+ proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- A portfolio of compelling design projects
- Knowledge of design tools (e.g. Sketch, Invision, etc.)
- A Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience
- A strong desire to work and collaborate within a cohesive design team and with the larger organization
- The ability to give and receive constructive feedback and adjust your design approach when necessary
- A strong understanding of the design process from requirements gathering to creating scenarios to wireframing to producing final design
- Strong attention to detail
- Ethnographic research experience
- Experience building design systems
- Bachelor’s degree in a design or related field
- Experience designing products for small business owners
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience