Leading Entertainment Client is looking for a Web Designer to work a 1 year assignment in their Downtown NYC Location.
Job Summary: The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior user interface design skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs. They are involved in the technical and graphical aspects of pages, producing not just the look of the website, but determining how it works as well. May also be responsible for the maintenance of an existing site. The recent growth in touchscreen phones and tablet devices has dictated a new way of designing websites, with the web designer needing to ensure that web pages are responsive no matter what type of device a viewer is using.
- Meeting clients to identify their needs and liaising regularly with them
- Drawing up detailed website specifications
- Designing sample page layouts including text size and colors
- Designing graphics, animations and manipulating digital photographs
- Registering web domain names and organizing the hosting of the website
- Designing the website's visual imagery and ensuring it's in line with company branding policy or the requirements of the client
- Proofreading content and making changes where necessary; editing content, debugging code and re-designing web pages
- Proven Web Design experience, demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tool
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Bachelors Degree 1-3 years experience