- Menlo Park, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Heather Farrin
This person will be responsible for contributing to the overall design process through concept, design development, and delivery of compelling visuals that will resonate with an external global audience. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented visual designer with a concept-driven approach who understands how form influences function, and is constantly striving for simplicity. This person is an expert in their craft and is highly skilled in working with a team of visual artists to deliver great work. They should have the ability to adapt to various creative styles and mediums.
- Create sketches, storyboards, prototypes, and/or design specs necessary to guide development of product experiences
- Oversee work from illustrators and communication designers and contribute to design work where applicable
- Works in collaboration with product teams to absorb knowledge, define opportunities, and develop concepts and treatments to bring ideas to life
- Works closely with the Product Designers and Content Strategists to implement a cohesive visual style, voice, and tone, thinking about each project holistically and how it fits in the entire ecosystem
- Delivers compelling visuals in various styles/mediums: illustration, photography, video, animation or other media (as appropriate)
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex, sometimes abstract, concepts clearly and persuasively
- Delivers content that’s delightful, beautiful, and clear and with a high level of finish and polish
- Seek out creative opportunities to improve on existing style and approach
- 2–4 years experience as Art Director at a creative agency or an in-house team
- High proficiency in art directing illustration & photography
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing relevant work is required
- Work demonstrates dedication to design excellence in a variety of digital media (mobile, web)
- Experience coordinating, directing, and guiding the work of other designers
- Ability to take design feedback and incorporate it quickly
- Demonstrated ability to create quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Possesses a curiosity for the why and the how before the what
- Knowledge of design principles related to branding, marketing, and publishing with understanding of UX design, digital product design, information hierarchy, user-flow, and typography
- Knowledge in product design
- Experience with content strategy
- Experience building visual systems
- Portfolio exhibits strong conceptual ability, composition and color
- Experience with visual storytelling including illustration and photography
This TOP social media company, headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem solving mode
- Take part in global internal conversations that are happening with stakeholders, wherever they may be located, who are the best at what they do
Additionally, check out all you’d have at your fingertips:
Paid Time Off:
- Freelancers are eligible to accrue up to 15 days of PTO per 12-month period. Accrual begins on your first day of assignment thereafter. Non-exempt workers (hourly) accrue 1 hour of PTO for every 16.67 hours. Accrued PTO can be used after your 91st day on assignment. PTO can be used for holidays, personal time off, vacation, and sick time.
- Transportation to and from San Francisco/Oakland to their campus in Menlo Park CA.
- Communal beach cruisers are parked everywhere, making it easy to get across the 57 acre, 11 building campus.
- Bike Repair Shop.
- Meals are provided (and we’re not talking about a small cafeteria)! It is like Disneyland with all of the amazing options you have available. You will never get bored with all of the restaurants you have to choose from.
- The football field-sized grass roof deck is available for you to use at your leisure! With beautiful views and tons of space, it is great place to relax and enjoy your lunch every day.
Please ensure full legal name is on resume.
Please include a portfolio of your work.