Under direct supervision from a product marketing manager, the Associate Market Analyst is responsible for conducting basic, task-specific marketing analysis and summarizing the results. This would involve developing information and statistics, maintaining on-going files necessary for the managers to develop forecasts, making recommendations on pricing, marketing strategies, new products, and strategic plans, and assisting with any other special projects dealing with an existing product line or channel.
Other competencies associated with primary function and scope are as follows:
• Possess ability to perform “what-if analysis” when necessary.
• Assist in identifying operational opportunities by thinking “outside the box.”
• Develop knowledge in business situations and Kohler Co. policies and procedures leading to career advancement.
• Possess ability to work effectively with non-marketing personnel.
• Learn, develop, and work through the initial Analyst curve.
• Be comfortable doing “search and discovery” work where the answer is not clear.
1. Compile information and statistics on various subjects that affect the marketing of products, general economic conditions, and changing buying patterns. Prepare summaries of relevant data for distribution to appropriate managers.
2. Develop, analyze, and maintain statistics obtained from trade publications, government reports, competitive price sheets, visits to distributors and trade shows, etc. showing trends and conditions based on sales.
3. Obtain and maintain competitive product and price information.
4. Solicit the assistance of and work with Market Research to perform trend research, provide analysis of sales, determine market potential, etc.
5. Participate and assist the managers in planning, developing, and implementing trade shows, conventions, and meetings.
6. Conduct margin and financial analysis as required by the managers.
7. Assist in preparing and coordinating special promotional programs including literature and related materials to introduce new products to Sales and customers on a timely basis prior to their national introduction.
8. Maintain awareness of legislation, trade group agreements, federal, state and local codes, etc. that may affect marketing of products.
9. Demonstrate appropriate level of competency in the following areas: Drive Continuous Improvement, Set High Standards of Performance, Leadership, Teamwork, Communication, Business Acumen, Management of Self, Management/Development of Others, Focus on the End Customer, and Build Trust.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
1. Reports to a product marketing manager.
1. Works closely with various teams within marketing.
2. Works with accounting and other support areas to obtain information.
3. Serves as marketing representative on cross-functional teams.
4. Provides functional support to customer service and sales personnel.
External Business Relationships:
1. Provides timely product and marketing support to external customers.
2. Visits retail and wholesale customer locations to understand customer needs and build relationships
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Public Relations, Advertising or a related degree.
- Minimum of one to three years of experience in a corporate marketing role, ideally with the Latin America region.
- Must have strong verbal and writing skills in Spanish.
- Must be a strategic thinker, team player and have excellent English and Spanish written and verbal communication skills.