Creative Services Proofreader-Great opportunity for part-time/supplemental income! Some remote options available, there will be occasional on-site meetings!
The Creative Services Proofreader edits a wide variety of marketing content from client's portfolio of products.
● Proofread assigned projects for grammar, syntax, style consistency and tone.
● Adhere to AP style, company/department/business segment style guides and glossaries.
● Ensure correct usage of trademarks, service marks, disclaimers, etc.
● Scrutinize text for inconsistencies in treatment of terms, capitalization, fonts, pt. sizes,
leading and tracking.
● Uphold corporate brand standards.
● Flag need for revisions/rewrites when copy is off-message.
● Keep to project deadlines.
● Work with proofreading manager/copywriters/art directors/traffic/account managers.
• Corporate communications
• HR materials
• Interactive media
• Podcasts (screen text/captions)
• Promotional/event materials
• Sell sheets
• Social media
• Training guides
• Videos (screen text/captions)
• White papers
Knowledge and skills
● Superb knowledge of English grammar.
● Experience in a corporate or agency setting.
● Editing experience in the insurance industry.
● Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
● Excellent communication skills.
● Ability to employ tact and emotional intelligence when working with others.
● Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, Outlook and Microsoft Word; experience in Foxit a plus.