Our client has recently announced a new interactive, quick, and fun way to learn their technologies! This platform combines short step-by-step tutorials, browser-based interactive coding/scripting environments, and task-based achievements to provide technical audiences who want to learn their technologies a free, interactive way of learning to help them advance their technical skills. This new learning experience will be a core educational offering to support customers, partners, and employees in building their technical skills and preparing for certification exams.
The platform launched with primarily cloud content aligned to role-based certifications and some Business Applications content. More content and additional roles will be added in the future. This job is a multi-faceted role where you will help onboard other teams within the company to the platform, track and report on their progress, assist in content development efforts, and help create onboarding assets to accelerate the development of external contributors on the platform.
• 6+ years’ work-related experience in technical communication, preferably writing developer or engineering-focused documentation or learning content for technical audiences
• Ability to manage content from inception through publication, working with a variety of reviewers, SMEs, and partners such as video production.
• Excellent writing, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent understanding of the content lifecycle, inclusive of editorial, art/design, and localization.
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of cloud technologies, or the ability to learn the technology quickly.
• Ability to write and publish content under deadline pressure.
• Ability to adapt well to rapidly changing environments.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technical Communications, or related field. Work related experience/training may substitute for degree.
• Understanding of the technical platform.
• Demonstrated experience designing and developing training materials in all modalities, including ILT, e-learning, video.
• Have used multiple learning platforms (Lynda.com, LinkedIn Learning, Pluralsight, etc.).
• VS Code
• VSTS (Azure DevOps)
• Power BI
• Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)