This position partners closely with the Vice President of Creative, the SVP of Brand Image and WW Director of e-commerce and Digital Marketing at this luxury international beauty brand to support the strategic 2D and digital vision for the brand. They will provide and/or support strategic creative solutions and develop a holistic consumer journey across multiple platforms for the brand. The position works closely with the Global Product and Consumer Marketing teams, .com, Regional Marketing teams, and external agencies on the development of digital marketing programs that contribute to the achievement of strategic brand marketing objectives. An analytical and strategic thinker is required to identify new opportunities for the brand as well as analyze current programs performance.
The Global 2D & Digital Design Director will oversee the design, development and final execution of all worldwide advertising, in-store visual merchandising, Event materials, interactive experiences, social, print collateral, scenting units, PR materials, Education materials and all digital, video & e-commerce needs. This role covers a wide range of disciplines, serving as a global creative lead in 2D along with a focus on digital using the assets provided by the Licensor, and adapting according to platform needs. Additionally, this role requires multi-tasking, hands-on design skill and in-depth technical understanding to effectively lead and manage any given project.
- Partner with VP of Creative, SVP of Brand Image and WW Director of e-commerce and Digital Marketing to support the strategic vision for the brand across 2D, Digital, and Film/Video.
- Ensure a high level of excellence in all 2D & Digital work being produced and executed and maintain a consistent, cohesive language throughout all print and digital materials in order to meet the overall objective and brand strategy, within budget and timeframe.
- Lead and partner with internal cross-functional teams and the Licensor [TFI] for all digital initiatives and custom content creation across various innovative platforms
- Support brand to elevate the brand [and specifically Tom Ford Beauty] as a digital leader with innovative creative executions
- Lead the design direction, UI/UX, and execution of special projects with a focus on digital and mobile-first inclusive of: TMall, Digital Education App, Online Appointment Booking, Online Shade-Finder / Fragrance-Finder, Virtual Lipstick Try-On, Magic Mirror (Memomi), QR Code Integration, Private Blend Interactive Scenting Experience, and overall connectivity between brick-and-mortar and digital/mobile
- Work closely with Regional teams to develop programs that best meet the needs of the markets.
- Liaise with global consumer marketing, international management team, regional marketing and affiliates to understand local digital initiatives and help these markets integrate at the local level.
- Develop strategic global advertising campaigns across all platforms including digital media/display, mobile, social, video, events, out-of-home and in-store to create multi-channel awareness and to increase profitability
- Track creative resources and assign/prioritize workload appropriately to optimize the efficiency of the team
- Manage designers, freelancers and multiple external agencies to effectively execute creative projects.
- Oversee communication with internal creative team as well as external agencies to drive creative development to ensure on time deliverables.
- Candidate should have 12+ years of experience with strong design, digital, and creative background with a proven record in current digital marketing arena, e-commerce, video/film/animated content and traditional 2D.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills with a concentration in the beauty industry or a related luxury consumer goods industry.
- Keen understanding of digital marketing arena with ability to interface with International markets to facilitate program rollouts
- Digital Media and video/film experience with ability to work with agencies to develop digital media plans and ensure proposed plans represent brand priorities and reflect the best negotiated rates
- Innovative-Willingness to experiment with new concepts and approaches. Comes up with creative solutions to difficult problems. Ability to source new vendors, technology and platforms
- Needs to thrive in a fast paced environment, oversee multiple projects, have attention to detail and work well with cross functional teams
- Agency or Brand Marketing Experience preferred with experience in Digital Creative development and execution
- Strong communication –Clearly communicates expectations. Can relate to a range of people spanning business to creative to technical discipline
- B.A. Degree in Design or comparable required