MUST BE STRONG IN MICROSOFT EXCEL
Transportation / Logistic Analyst position is responsible to coordinate the movement of our client's inbound goods from multiple vendors into operated consolidation locations. The Logistics Analyst will be required to track, trace and log shipments to ensure that Purchase Order status updates are maintained and communicated from order pickup through final delivery.
This position is extremely customer focused and responsible for effectively working with other groups and departments throughout the Supply Chain, including vendors, buildings, trucking partners and internal Supply Chain departments.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversee logistics providers to ensure high standards of supply chain are met, which includes on time booking, tendering, shipping and delivering. Analyze reports to manage incoming volumes and insure on time metrics are being met.
2. Track and Trace cargo with vendors, facilities and carriers to resolve issues and delays.
• Monitor incoming EDI and highlight challenges with carriers as needed.
• Oversee vendor alignment and carrier visibility
• Manage and execute timely communications surrounding issues being encountered in the Supply chain and suggested solutions.
3. Assist in problem resolution of orders within processing and expediting through to deliver
4. Work with vendors and carriers on routing cargo and tracking and tracing
5. Data entry of shipments, filing and archiving previous years shipments
Minimum Education Requirements:
•2-4 years of transportation/logistic experience
Essential Skills Required:
1. Excellent written and verbal communications skills
2. Excellent working knowledge of PC applications including Excel, Word, Access, V-Lookups, formulas
3. Ability to effectively work cross functionally
4. Strong problem solving skills
5. Time Management Skills
6. Ability to prioritize workload