This is a qualitative user research role to supplement our full-time researchers with support on ongoing research efforts as well as planning and conducting independent user research studies.
On-site at Aquent's client in New York for 4+ months; a Fortune 500 multi-national company.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 1-2 years of work experience in an applied research setting.
Nice to Have Skills/Qualifications or Not Required:
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.