- Manhattan, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- David Fernandez
Our Fortune 500 retail client is searching for a part-time Copywriter to join their team for a 2+ month assignment.
• Write and edit 7-10+ emails per week that are on-brand and meet business objectives, including:
o Marketing emails with an editorial angle
o Promotional emails with a focus on sale
o Invitation emails for in-store events
• Write and edit in-store signage
• Write and edit direct-mail material
• Write and edit banners, affiliate and paid initiatives
• Work cross-functionally with Design, Production and Merchandising to determine messaging
• Copyedit and fact check own work and other copywriters’ work for 100% accuracy, clarity, continuity and brand appropriateness
• Determine and create unique selling points for categories, promotions and products
• Evoke and evolve the brand voice on marketing channels
• Be reactive to feedback from analytics and management to determine copywriting strategy
• Create, maintain, update and enforce the Style Guide
• Support Web Production with SEO and ensure that the brand complies with the ADA
• 5-7 years’ experience in a Copywriting role, ideally in a fashion/e-commerce environment
• Proven track record of writing high-volume copy with a focus on selling fashion
• Proven track record of copyediting own work and other copywriters’ work
• Trained in SEO and proven track record of executing SEO-friendly copy
• Ability to adapt copywriting/copyediting to brand voice and Style Guide
• Ability to work to stringent deadlines
• Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously
• Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English Major or equivalent preferred
Our Client is an Fortune 500 Apparel Retailer that has grown from a single store to a global business throughout its 46 year run!
Talent placed here are given the autonomy to be hands-on decision makers from day one. The company's leadership assumes a supportive role and applies a collaborative management style, offering the guidance and insight to help transform your suggestions into strategies.
This is an environment where co-workers are constantly challenging each other to learn and grow in their roles every day, which energizes the office, and creates forward motion, both on a personal level, and as a company. They’re experimenting with their digital reach, using tech as a catalyst for industry change - both online and in stores. With such robust focus and investment on innovation, employees have the opportunity to directly contribute to the changing landscape of the retail world!
The company culture here is one of relaxed, inclusive community with an ever-present focus on learning and development - both for the individual team member as well as the projects and initiatives that are driving the company forward. And, with tons of cool volunteering opportunities and initiatives, employees have the chance to become influential community leaders as they work for positive change.