Our client is a large financial services company in Jersey City, New Jersey and they are looking for a Visual Designer to join their team for a 6+ month contract role with the potential to go permanent. This Visual Designer opportunity is 40 hours a week, health benefits and 401K offered!
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. End User Services (EUS), within the GTI organization, delivers measurable business value by providing Business Collaboration, Real Time Communication and Desktop technology products to our internal colleagues globally.
This Visual Designer role sits within the End User Services Marketing team, which provides an important role in ensuring that our clients which are internal employees are aware of and understand the technology products that are available to them and how they can leverage to ultimately be more productive in their jobs. We produce relevant and appropriate collateral that assist our clients in their awareness and use of the technology. The successful Visual Designer candidate will work closely with Marketing leads, Product Owners and UI designers.
Visual Designer Responsibilities:
• Create the visual brand for the suite of technology products, including marketing campaigns of the technology products. As part of this, understand the product brand, vision and key message(s), and incorporate into design solutions.
• Work closely with Product Management and the Marketing team to effectively communicate the message through the visual solution.
• Create visually impactful design solutions in line with the brand for a wide range of media, including websites, mobile and desktop apps, digital signage, posters, booklets, user guides, presentations and videos to effectively communicate key information on the technology products.
• Produce high quality icons and images and share amongst the marketing team for consistent branding.
• Work with our internal print centers to send collateral to print, including obtaining and verifying proofs.
• Work closely with the UI team to create assets suitable for mobile and desktop apps.
• Create posters, banners, headers, PowerPoint templates, GIFs, brochures and digital signage.
• Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts, and challenge the status quo.
• Present ideas and concepts to team members and management.
• Work with the Marketing team to understand the objective and proactively suggest and implement ideas for marketing campaigns.
• Understand typography, color, materials and textures and how they effectively apply to product design.
Visual Designer Skills:
• At least 5 years experience as a visual designer
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
• Stay on top of the latest design trends and technologies with clear understanding of color theory
• Broad understanding of the overall marketing experience, how all types of media – online and offline – are executed with deep understanding of web, mobile and UI design best practices. XD and/or Sketch is a plus
• A sophisticated eye for design including intelligently executed layouts, refined use of typography and incorporation of an appropriate photographic style
• Knowledge of user-centered design methodologies
• Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail
• Understanding of file types (PSD, Gif, SVG, PNG, mp4, etc.) and formats that translate to different media
• Outstanding ability to think creatively
• Self-motivator and driven
• Excellent team player, open to suggestions, wiling to share opinions and ideas.
• Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Experience working in a global, cross-functional team is a plus
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required
• Some HTML/CSS ability a plus