A luxury beauty brand is looking for a Senior Store/Visual Merchandising Project Manager. The projects are shop in shops in department stores. This person will help to establish design and construction standards & processes for creating retail environments and branded spaces. You will work with an internal team of industrial, marketing, creative and merchandising teams as well as to manage external vendors.
The preferred candidate will have experience managing external vendors, and retail/store designers, architecture & construction related consultants, to deliver completed stores environments in a fast paced and demanding environment.
• Manage the design and development processes of shop-in-shops at department stores from kick-off to final approval
• Manage all the Design milestones for all Store environment projects
• Manage store fixture standards and expectations
• Establish working relationships with external vendors and key design and construction consultants across industry
• Development of design project cost estimates in relation to established budgets
• Coordinates all design team communications, updates, adjustments with cross-functional partners internally and vendors externally
• Travel to vendors and stores sites as needed
• Ensures processes and policies are consistent with corporate guidelines and best in class industry practices
• The ability to artfully balance a busy workload and the demands of multiple Retailers
• Deliver projects on-time, under budget delivery of well executed retail merchandising projects meeting all brand requirements.
• Has and maintains current knowledge of industry trends in retail store design including fixtures, lighting and finishes.
• Excellent ability to work with and manage 3rd party stakeholders ·
• Project management with experience managing multiple projects (5-7+ years)
• Experience performing project management job functions for store design, fixtures and merchandising projects (5-7+ years)
• Familiarity with SketchUp and CAD programs is a major plus
• Organizational skills; attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task
• Vast knowledge of materials and their cost and sustainability implications
• Strong problem-solving and decision making skills
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, in a demanding, fast-paced environment
• Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly-changing environment
• Ability to manage multiple, complex projects
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop relationships across all level
• Demonstrated 3D visualization ability and working knowledge of color and design principles a plus
• Ability to balance design, with operational needs and budget objectives