- Portland, OR.
- Job Terms:
- 38 hourly W2 DOE
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Alex McGhee
Sr. Copy writer
*can work 1-2 days remotely per week!*
- Collaborates with designers, strategists, and other writer/editors to concept, present, revise and execute copy for innovative member-focused marketing projects and campaigns.
- Creates content that aligns with Our Clients brand voice and uses his or her talent and skills to find new ways to express that voice
- Conceptualize, write, and edit brand and marketing communications always keeping in mind the objective of the assignment and the needs and requirements of the audience.
- Provide communications consultation and guidance to internal stakeholders helping them articulate, develop, and clarify communication objectives and expected outcomes.
- Apply research, problem-solving and creative thinking to translate creative briefs into copy solutions.
- Manage and complete multiple assignments in short time
- Decide appropriate solution for problems that arise during projects and manage projects as assigned.
- Produce compelling, on-brand ideas and content.
- Ensure that copy solutions meet brand standards and requirements (style, voice, tone, etc.) and that verbal and visual expressions work hand in hand.
- Provide alternative point of view if project work is incorrect or not in the best interests of the client.
- Build networks with peers, colleagues, and project partners through the collaboration and experience of project work.
- Contribute to the development of client presentations.
- Present, explain, and sell creative rationale to individuals, creative teams, project partners, and leadership (e.g. managers, business partners, account teams, and executives).
- Keep abreast of key editorial requirements, legislative issues, regulatory guidelines and organizational goals.
- Drive awareness and usage of editorial tools and message content.
- Actively pursue creative growth and development through experience, exposure, and education.
- Actively identify, recommend, and participate in development of improvements in workflow, processes, creative outcomes, etc.
- Contribute to internal department initiatives, including updating and creating processes, documentation, tools, etc.
- Participate in our clients Community of Practice for Writers
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of our brand and business strategy; our health care delivery system; the health insurance industry; principles of internal communication and change communication.
- Keep up with new trends in communications technology, including new and social media and other web-based platforms.
- Leverage knowledge from multiple sources including Program Office, marketing, medical operations and other sources.
- Aligns communications with regional and national strategies, goals, and standards.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing communications, journalism, business, or related field
• 8-10 years’ experience writing a broad range of marketing and corporate communications.
• Experience with writing in the online and social media spaces.
- Excellent writing skills; ability to write in a wide variety of formats, tones and styles.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information and write on-brand, compelling copy in a variety of communication forms, e.g. reportage, promotional, technical, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work fluently in design applications, including Adobe Creative Suite 5
- Ability to work fluently in current office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, etc
- Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally, both verbally (one- and two-way communication) and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to foster collaboration and inspire confidence with peers, colleagues, and partners; build relationships across disciplines, both internal partners and external partners, e.g. vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to see many perspectives; desire to understand other people’s passions, experiences, and feelings.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in teams.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work; manage projects from brief to delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to work on concurrent projects and consistently deliver work on deadline.
- Demonstrated ability to manage personal time and attention.
Taking a position with our client gets you in with a leader in its field.
Our client is a five-star medical provider who, as an innovator, was the first in their industry to offer electronic health records. They’re constantly on the forefront of innovation in the healthcare field, both for their technical advances as well as for their community involvement. Volunteerism and community service are critical components of their approach to improving the general health in all of their neighborhoods.
Our client practices what they preach, and has a strong commitment to work-life balance and a healthy lifestyle. On many of their campuses you can find fitness centers, walking paths, as well as volleyball and basketball courts. Stay healthy while developing your career path!
Aquent places talented writers, digital designers and user experience candidates, as well as editorial candidates with this market leader every day in one of a number of locations throughout California We’ve had the benefit of twenty years of experience placing talent at this company and there is an extensive network of talent here, not only actively working for Aquent, but also now senior members of the organization who have been converted to permanent employees over the years.