Our global Fortune 500 technology innovator client, is in need of a long term freelance UX/UI Designer to help launch a ground-breaking product which will help credit card merchants integrate payment methods and standardize the consumer payment experience.
The goal is to create more security, convenience, transparency, privacy, ultimately eliminating passwords to create a smooth experience ultimately changing how people pay for purchases. This forward-thinking client was the first to introduce the laser hologram on cards and is the first payment card that was issued in the People's Republic of China.
This role is onsite in NYC, Flatiron District, 4 months with the opportunity to extend, healthcare benefits provided as well as 5 paid sick days, 401k, FlexSpend, more.
What You Will Do:
- In this hybrid UX/UI Designer role, you will have experience in rapid ideation, work with the Merchant Advisory Group to debrief on this new product, and work on ideation on different implementations.
- Design mock-ups including wireframes and medium to high fidelity prototypes using industry tools such as Sketch and InVision
- In this highly visible role, you will spend time in the client’s “dry erase room” with team discussing partner implementations. The creative process will be 'start, run, measure, test, check- in and build a library of different implementations.
- Understand end user and business needs to define interaction models and workflows and determine best UX solutions based on user feedback, business goals, and constraints
- Provide input into overall direction, identifying challenges and adapting as needed based on the context of the solution and user
- Incorporate user research and usability testing to iterate on product solutions, participate in design team activities of requirement analysis & critiques, and collaborate with interaction designers to share best practices, design systems and libraries, and standards
What You Need:
- Experience in the UX field with an emphasis on interaction design
- Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Sketch is Mandatory as you will need to be flexible to go through multiple iterations that will be researched and tested, InVision is a HUGE Plus
- Payments or transactional website and app experience preferred
- Large corporate experience is a plus
- Phone screen or video conference call first
- The client wants to move quickly through the interview process. It will be important for candidates to talk through your process and how you “ideate”.
- Be sure to highlight what your specific contribution on products/design you supported.
What is it like working with AQUENT? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com